How stinkin' cute that he even makes the Vrroooommm! sound! He also makes ruff-ruff and nnnn...nnn...nnn sounds like in his Doggie book (from Becky I'm pretty sure:)
Keller's first step-stool.
"Look Ma!! No hands!"
"My mommy and daddy think I'm smart enough to get a full scholarship to Yale:)"
"Look at me!! I'm walkin'!! This is so much fun!!!"
"So much fun" does not even begin to sum up the stage we're at right now:) The things Keller is doing keep on surprising me and making me smile and make me amazed at how children learn things so quickly. The walking thing is a riot, still, even though he's been using that walker-wagon for a few weeks now, he stomps around pigeon-toed with bendless knees and a giant grin on his face until he crashes into either a door, wall, or dog. He sometimes figures out how to walk around to the front of the wagon and push it back the way he came and sometimes he tries to walk backwards. It's adorable. And it's even adorabler when I put his new shoes on him and watch him try...They're a pretty close fit, so not too big at all, but still have a rubber sole so as he goes to walk, the tip of the sole drags across the floor or gets twisted and left behind (it's not as bad as it sounds), and we don't leave the shoes on long because he really doesn't need them in the house or anywhere really yet, I'm just anticipating the cooler weather and the soon to be walking little man here. And on the topic of shoes, I guess I've been trying them on him here and there because he so knows the routine. He'll hand me a shoe and practically lift his foot for me to put it on. It's like a game for him. Which so beats having to fight him to get them on which I'm sure some day I'll have to do. What else...following directions...He's already been pretty good at getting the Ducky in the tub, meaning I guess he's known that word for awhile, but now he's able to respond to more general things like, "Can I have that?" "Can I have a bite?" and "Give it to BoBo". He knows "No" in that he'll shake his head when he hears the word and better yet he'll shake his head as he's crawling towards Bo's bowl or the bathroom. So he knows that those are No things, but just can't resist! He will even say something resembling "No" or No no no" to Bo when Bo starts getting a little crazy--using a strikingly similar tone to one which Travis or I might use...kinda funny:) But he's gettin' it! He's working on feeding himself (with support of course) using a spoon (we're thinking lefty) and laughs each time he gets his cereal or whatever into his mouth on his own. He also is becoming quite the expert on the "Show Mommy how piggies eat" which I swear we didn't teach him--he just sometimes tries to eat stuff directly from his tray--why bother with fingers if you don't have to...trouble!
So yes, we're having fun around here! Aside from the Keller stuff, I'm getting ready to start that babysitting thing. I have a half day this coming Tuesday to more or less hang out with the kids, check out where there schools are, practice loading the three kids into the van and all that good stuff! Wish me luck! Then that's it for this week and next week will be a full work week, which will be unusual...then the following week off, three days the next week and then we'll be off to Nantucket for Trav's cousin's wedding...Can I wear a white and black dress in October (mostly white with black designs)?
We've also resigned ourselves to "thinking about" getting the house on the market, which means doing all those things listed in my last post's "Shoulds" section. I've actually been doing an okay job albeit slow job of sorting through stuff in the attic. I've returned one giant bin of borrowed clothes, passed along a giant bin of clothes, and combined/sorted/donated other boxes/bags to be more organized. So the clothes are set for now and I'm on to the Teacher Stuff---ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Today I brought two file crates down to just sort through/throw stuff out/ save only one copy of "dittoes" and tossed the class sets/leftovers. Unbelievable how much paper it is! I hate to throw it all out, especially class sets and such and I thought about at least giving it away at my sister's upcoming tag sale, but I have to just throw it out (except for some coloring pages and stuff I'll keep on hand for down the line...)
Thinking about Keller's birthday party. Need to do invitations for that. Have a "theme" brewing in my brain, but as Travis said, "Why don't we just have a party, you know, like a regular birthday party?" Ah, to be able to think so simply. I envy that (sometimes:)
Glasses. If you read my Facebook update you know I have new ones and that I'm not to happy about them. I'm wearing them this week to see if they'll grow on me and to get some honest (and polite) opinions at Chase's birthday party this weekend. We'll see. I like the frames, it's just the big fat lenses that are in them...long story, same prescription as I had but the different shape and type of frame I have made them have to use a thicker lense...blah blah blah.
Boy is up now after a lovely afternoon nap...Thank you, boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment