

"Lips" because he doesn't fit in Bo's bowl.

More "Sooooo Big"

Happy Birthday to Chase!!! Get this silly hat off of me!!
Yup...I'd say this is Keller's first official big boy cold. Poor little peanut, but he's a trooper for sure! On Monday, he started in with a little cough, no biggie. Tuesday we had our babysitting debut for which he was fine for, refused to nap, and by the evening he was cranky, coughing more, nose running and woke up in the night with a fever. That sound of the sad, sick, crying baby is heartbreaking and makes you not think twice about getting out of bed at 2am. The lucky kid even got nursed in the night which he never does, but nothing was soothing him and I figured it was good immunity or whatever they say...Wednesday we went to the doctor who confirmed a slight fever and minor ear infections. Actually, she said as she was looking in his ear, "This is NOT a healthy ear here..." But she also said that it wasn't too bad and that if we preferred we could try Garlic Mullein eardrops to take care of the problem and if that didn't work we could fill an amoxocillian prescription. Oh, and before she looked in his ears she just kind of pressed on them from the outside explaining that in Russia (her hometown;) that was how they determined whether a child had an ear infection if he complained about the pressure. Keller seemed to like the pressure, which in Russia I guess would mean that his infections were not bad enough to treat. So anyway. Got the drops, and saline spray for the nose, and Pedialyte, which I only just gave him some of today, and he's feeling better but still buggary and garlicky--imagine that! Funny how I didn't put two and two together until I opened up the eardrops that they would actually smell garlicky...yuck! But knowing that garlic is a natural antibiotic and mullein increases blood flow to the area, I'd prefer trying that before the amox.
Keller is being a good sport about it all though. He hates having his nose wiped, but yet when he found a tissue on his changing table, he picked it up and pretended to blow his nose then held it out for me to try, so of course I pretend to blow my nose, and back and forth. And on the topic of the my turn, your turn game, last night when Keller was nursing, he stopped, looked at me and then grabbed my boob and offered me a sip---like "Want some?" It was so funny, I did not pretend to have some of that and responded with a polite "No, thank you." So he went back to drinking and then offered to share again and again. Another one of those priceless moments in breastfeeding! I hope he's all better soon!
Now to try getting his birthday invitation done...quick!! before he wakes up!! (that's the story of my life these days, though I'm never quick enough, it seems!)
1 comment:
He is so stinking cute. I love overalls and no shirts on little boys.
Post a Comment