Seeking support in how to handle the developing phase of "little stinker-ness" that seems to be becoming of my sweet innocent little boy. How to handle stinkerness seriously even though it's just plain stinken cute. Oh, Mr. Magoo....
Don't worry - after a while you'll realize that giving into his cuteness repeats those dreaded behaviors... I used to pick my battles (when I was getting used to the fact that I was going to have to discipline him more & more) - if it's putting him or anyone else in immediate danger or safety is an issue, I came down hard on Reilly. It took a while to get used to, cause you don't wanna believe your little angel has a malicious bone in his body, but now I stay firm cause I realize I'm the only one (and Joe) to teach him what appropriate limits are. If I don't teach him, who will? Trust me, with practice, you'll become a pro at handling the stickiest of situations!!
2 comments:
Roll with it - the first of many flairs of Mr.Magoo's personality!!!!
Don't worry - after a while you'll realize that giving into his cuteness repeats those dreaded behaviors... I used to pick my battles (when I was getting used to the fact that I was going to have to discipline him more & more) - if it's putting him or anyone else in immediate danger or safety is an issue, I came down hard on Reilly. It took a while to get used to, cause you don't wanna believe your little angel has a malicious bone in his body, but now I stay firm cause I realize I'm the only one (and Joe) to teach him what appropriate limits are. If I don't teach him, who will? Trust me, with practice, you'll become a pro at handling the stickiest of situations!!
Post a Comment