If I was more tech savvy, I would download and/or upload some precious video clips to share with family and friends.
If I had more patience with computers, I would figure out how to do the above (can't be that difficult...)
If the attic access wasn't in Keller's room, I would start sorting through/disposing of some teacher stuff when he naps. Ugh! There's lots of it!
If I was better at being a friend, I would actually call the people I like:)
If I was a better housewife, I'd have a healthy dinner on the table when my husband came home from work.
If I had more confidence, then I wouldn't pester myself about these things...
Shoulds:
I should exercise more.
I should do a better job organizing my photos.
I should actually order the rest of the prints (the pictures I've taken since Christmas...ugh!)
I should be better about writing down Keller's milestones.
I should visit my family more often.
I should visit my friends more often.
We should get new front steps.
We should paint the window trim.
We should clean the basement.
We should clean the attic.
We should touch up the interior trim.
We should get the house all set and ready to be put on the market...
just in case.
We should just live where we live and enjoy the moment.
If I wasn't planning on having another child eventually, I wouldn't feel the need to move to a bigger house yet.
Affirmations;)
I'm a good mommy.
I'm a good wife.
I'm an okay friend.
I'm in pretty good shape.
I have a cozy and comfortable home.
I am lucky enough to get to stay home with my boy.
I absolutely love watching Keller's cuteness every day even if it's not captured on film. Those moments will more importantly be imprinted in my heart.
Keller doesn't care how big his house is (neither do I...unless there's a next kid in which case I'd only just want a next room)
I have a loving and patient husband.
I have a wonderful family.
I have a wonderful family-in-law.
I am healthy.
My family is healthy.
I should quit my iffin and should'n and just be in the now!
If only it were that easy!!
4 comments:
A wise man once told me "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then we'd all have a merry fucking christmas." I'm not too sure what that means,but what I do know is that we're doing just fine, really! The time to accomplish these things will present themselves in due time - as too our FEELING of when it will be time to upgrade...you're a terrific 'housewife' and mother!
Try to give yourself a break. I have a huge if and should list too. You are a good friend too.
I can totally relate. But that's why I try to get rid of all the "shoulds" in my life!! Life would be too borning if we got everything done, anyhow. :)
And by the way, you are a great friend. Your friends know that you don't like the phone!!
You can not and must not live your life by "ifs", "buts" or "maybes"!!!
Post a Comment