Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 Months!

Where did that month go??  Crazy how time just passes on by...  We're doing good around here, hanging around mostly and squeezing in some visits and "Mom Group" events (well a Tuesday walk is about all we're into just yet), walking Gramma D's dog, walking BoBo, and just getting started on using the new jogging stroller (too hot the past few days though--not an excuse but a safety precaution;)  Keller had a sleepover at my parents' house on Sunday night so Trav and I could go up to see Dar Williams at this cute little theater way up in Norfolk, CT, AND she even played my song that I told Trav to remind me to tell Keller that will be the song that I dance with him to at his wedding (Trav says I don't get to pick the song though), so I had leaky eyes for a little bit at the show but mostly a smile and a tapping foot in our front row seat...very close--I never had a front row seat before:)  What else, Keller's talking up a storm, crawling all around, opening and closing drawers and cabinets and doors, and the newest is putting little things in different places...dishclothes and toys in the drawer under the oven, little plastic bugs in his Aunt Shannon's dog's bowl, Ducky in the soap dish in the tub... and he knows where the O's and Puffed Wheat cereal is and will open the cabinet, take them out and do his "ehhhhh, ehhhhh, ehhhhhh (I want some)" whine or sometimes if he shakes the bag or box just right, a few come out and he (and Bo) get a little bonus snack!  Yes, he and Bo are certainly going to be a tag-team...He's taking his morning nap now, it's 9:30 and he's been asleep for almost an hour and was only awake for an hour and a half before taking his nap...weird, but hey, a nap is a nap..I'll take it!  When he wakes up I'll snap his 10 month pictures before we head off to visit his Bee Bee and Papa (Trav's parents)...
As for me, I've been trying to be in contact with a tutoring agency/woman though we're having trouble connecting...I think she's on vacation (I hope) which is why I haven't heard back from her after she emailed to follow up...it's hard to coordinate a time to be reached during business hours when you don't have a set napping schedule...I'd hate for her to call and me to be so distracted by Keller dumping out the dog bowl or climbing on the bongo drums (no, he'd never do that) or trying to play with electric cords...so either she'll be understanding of that or else she'll let me call when he's asleep.  Or I let go of this feeling like I "should" be trying to make a little money and just relax and enjoy being home with Keller (as I'm doing)...but anyway...it would be good to do tutoring for the mere benefit of staying in the loop and in the lingo of teaching...I've already come across this reading methodology which seems fairly popular in the tutoring circles that I've heard nothing about...I'm considering buying the "parent resource guide" and using that to do my own tutoring from...hmmmm...who knows!  I just get these ideas and feel like I should try them...
I'm off to ready myself for the day before the boy wakes up!  Be back with pictures...eventually:)

No comments: