Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not Much!




Oh, no!  I still haven't done the official 10 month pictures...why not?  So here are some of Keller engaging in his favorite pastimes:) What more pressing things have I to do?  It just amazes me how "the less I do, the less I do" as my sister-in-law once said:)  But I'm very busy, you see...  Actually, at the moment, I'm awaiting Keller's wake up from his nap so that we can hop in the car and head to a possible "employer."  I responded to a Craigs List ad looking for a babysitter for 7-9 days a month....so 3 or 4 days every other week for 3.5 and 5.5 year old kids, one of whom will be in school most of the day and the other doing a few mornings a week.  Hopefully it will be a good fit and it sounds like I'll still have every other week completely free.  I liked the idea of being able to be with Keller and still manage to get paid a little bit to share my time and actually, when I watched my sister's kids, I was less distracted and more "present" to Keller (and Cali and Chase) because I wasn't home doing important things on the computer (Craigs List, Realtor.com, etc...)  So we'll see what happens.  While I've been checking craigs list periodically for awhile now, the kicker came when I sat down to really take a look at our expenses as we having been tossing about the idea of a new house (meeting with the bank tomorrow for pre-approval...yikes!)  And granted, we're "fine" financially as long as we keep things tight, I think it's just a personal thing to feel like I'm contributing just a little, not to mention that I wouldn't mind some sense of structure to some of my time (emphasis on the "some-s").  So we'll see.  Oh, then there's the Open House we went to last weekend which maybe was a great big "Hmmmm...I could live there" kind of thing....  So we've been busy in our own little way I guess:)

No comments: