Monday, December 22, 2008

The Christmas Photo


I think I should have held off on sending the Christmas cards until this image was captured.  Poor Keller having to live with a crazy daddy...The faux mustache came in a package of mustaches that my dear husband gave me a few years back for Christmas...such a thoughtful gift that was!  Actually, I think Keller does a good job pulling off the good ol' boy look, or the barber look--

The picture below is the one on the Christmas card that I should have done in color...I'll tell you, that whole Christmas card process was tedious and now I'm not even happy with the product...The plan was to have a Christmas card that could pass as a birth announcement, too...and I wanted it to have a "neutral" look so I could put it into a shadowbox frame with other Keller items.  As it turns out, the card colors are not what I expected and the other Keller-items don't "coordinate" as much as I'd like for them to be suitable for hanging on the wall.  Now I'll have to follow through and use the frame for its original purpose and put our wedding stuff in it...Next year, a one picture card...in color.  Someone remind me!!
And on the Christmas card topic, Keller LOVES looking at all of the colorful babies and kids on the fridge.  He stares and stares so we've been telling him all of his friends and cousins names and whatnot.  Very cute:)  
We finally got a video camera, too.  We had one delivered the day before I went into labor and used it for the hospital, but returned it because when it was delivered, none of the "extras" that were supposed to come with it came...screwy business practices.  Luckily Trav was able to return it for a full refund after extremely poor customer service (very very rarely have I ever seen Travis get his feathers ruffled...)
So the new camera comes with a story, too:)  I am somewhat of a giftcard hoarder...I've been saving them up in anticipation of my year off of school (no more paychecks for me this year:(  Last Christmas, my class had given me $150 in gift cards for Stop and Shop.  When I opened it I was thinking, great...groceries...thanks...but then when in Stop and Shop, I walked past the gift card display and thought that these room parents must have wanted me to be able to pick out my own gift cards, right?!!!  So I saved them.  AND also last Christmas, we received more Stop and Shop cards from Trav's aunt and from my mom (who labels the envelope she puts them in every Christmas, "food stamps")...So the other day, I went into Stop and Shop armed with $250 of giftcards and bought Best Buy giftcards.  On top of that, we had an American Express gift check (a wedding gift, conveniently hoarded for such a purpose!) AND we received a Christmas card with a $50 bill in it from Trav's aunt...I think Travis said that when he bought the camera with all of these gift cards and such, he ended up taking home 13 cents or something...(to be hoarded for our next big purchase, of course)!!  Merry Christmas to us!  Sometimes I have good ideas!!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I love your Christmas card photos. They are great. Sorry they don't coordinate properly with the frame and stuff. That first shot with the mustache is too cute. I'd frame that one.

Rebecca said...

Wow that was some good forward thinking there. Oh and I like the card you sent out..although I was curious wondering how on earth Travis was able set the self-timer on the camera, hold onto Bo and make him sit still and face the camera all at once. A Christmas miracle I'd say.

passaro said...

Bec, that Christmas miracle is named Shannon...she's my sister.

Rebecca said...

Ah ha!