This is a picture of Keller in his "Going Home " from the hospital outfit that didn't quite fit him so well and he was mistaken for a girl 2 times on our way to the car. Poor little boy. He was about 8 pounds in this picture taking into account his post-birth weight loss. He still prefers that big ugly hospital bink when he takes a bink at all.
This is Keller 2 months later and 5 pounds heavier practically bursting out of the same "Going Home" outfit, thankfully (he's looking forward to outgrowing all of his yellows and greens)! He rejected the bink I tried to stick in for the sake of replicating the original photo, but you get the idea!
So yesterday we had our 2 month check-up and the Dr. is quite pleased at the Little Man's growth and progress. She is not a very punctual doc and so we always spend a lot of time waiting when we go there, so each time she walked by our room she poked her head in to see how we were doing. Keller was entertained by the new surroundings, the fact that he got to hang out practically naked in just his diaper and blue blanket, and have uninterrupted lap time with mommy. He's a big fan of the Up and Down game where he pushes himself to standing up (with help from mom or dad) and then down again. He gets this wonderful expression of satisfaction each time he goes up. He gets to play this every day with mommy and daddy both.
Mr. Magoo is in the 75 percentile for weight and the 50 percentile for height--22.5 inches and 13 pounds, 7 ounces. We've been squeezing him into his size 1 diapers which we only have a few left that I insisted on finishing...we do give him the big size 2 at night as we've learned that diapers that are too small tend to leak. I expect to finish the little 1s today...Actually, now that I think of it, they're 1-2 diapers that are supposed to go up to 15 pounds...so I'm not such a bad mommy after all!
Keller is consistently sleeping for 8 hours and even had a few 9 hour nights in there...knock knock! Travis and I have been able to read before bed again! Yay! Poor Trav has been reading the same book since before Keller...one page at a time it seems...hopefully he'll be able to move onto a new one soon...
What else can I report on Keller now that he's a big 2 months old...He's smiling more and more, loves watching his daddy and his dog, especially Bo's tail--it's a crack-up! He's grasping things more including my hair, our shirts, blankets, whatever is in the way. Of course he has no idea that something is in his hand, but we're moving in the right direction! So standing, grabbing, smiling, and sitting in the Bumbo seat for small amounts of time seem to be the highlights right now. I'm still loving being home, able to hang out with him all day, even when it makes me tired or unable to accomplish anything. We've taken a few quick trips to the store, although trips need to take place within the slim 2 hours between daytime feedings. Hey, I'll feed him every hour during the day if that means we can sleep at night!! I'm so glad to have had the choice between going back to work and staying home. It's a gift to be able to watch all of the details of Keller's growth moment to moment!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear everything is falling into place for you guys....I often like to check in with your updates for a little encouragement to know that things DO fall into place - so thanks for helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Keller is such a cute guy...can't wait to meet him and see you too!!!!
Post a Comment