Thursday, April 17, 2008
Driving for Free
I guess there's really no such thing as driving for free as I alluded to in my last post. While I was expecting to pay $1000 or so for the tune-up/repairs, the recommended work is a grand total of $4300!!! Ugh! Needless to say I'll be pricing around different service places. The big question is, will this car get me at least another 2 years (without big maintenence bills)? I have been so looking forward to being Paid Off...just when you think you're finally getting ahead a little...whamo! At the very least, I'm going to take advantage of their $100 off service over $1000 and if I use them will have the car in 3 times so I at least save $300...is that being anal? The thing is I need these things done in order to pass emissions! Not to mention that if I wanted to sell it I can't imagine how marketable it would be with the check engine light still on...Also, ridiculous me did the math to see what 4300$ breaks down to over the two years I hope to drive it and it ends up being $180...practically a car payment anyway...well, a little car;) Enough poor-me-ing...I just feel so helpless when it comes to cars...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK..from someone who dropped (a lot) of coin on a car and then to turn around 2 mos later and buy a new one, let's just say that was not one of the best financial decisions the Anderson's ever made. I would say think long term. Think that that $4300 can be a down payment on a new car, or new-to-you car, that actually has a warranty. Dan Perkins has some deals I saw, Outbacks for a good price! Not to mention your trade in value of your car is prolly I don;t know, like $6000 (?), so you will have over 10k to put towards a newer car..just a thought..from someone who'd dad worked in the car business for 30 years.. what do I know..and thanks for the freezing bit, I will make sure I do that. Yeesh..
Post a Comment