Monday, April 28, 2008

A Bad Day


I guess it wasn't really a bad day per say, what I should have said was a bad "eating" day...I guess I just need to get it out of my guilty conscience so I can start fresh tomorrow...It starts off fine...oatmeal with some added trail mix for a protein/good fats punch. Mid morning snack, a school issued breakfast, whole wheat bagel and lite cream cheese, also not too bad. Lunch, leftover tofu, brocolli, and a small whole wheat pita, oh, and an apple...wow, this actually looks great in writing...oh, wait, I missed something, yes, the homemade cookies that a colleague left on my desk this morning as a thank you for helping her out last week (I never should have done that!)...Yup, there was a plate full (a small one) of hmmm...8 or so (maybe it was only 3, let me think...) cookies with sugary frosting and sprinkles, which by the way I don't even really Like! I tasted one this morning when I got in to the room. I had one to wash down the bagel at "snack time"...then it was all down hill from there...by the afternoon planning time I was doing a quick read through of my report cards before putting them in envelopes to go home and I think that I maybe ate a cookie for every 3 or 4 report cards edited...bad girl...then came the "Well, I might as well just finish them today so I don't feel guilty tomorrow..." (does anyone know that feeling?) Yeah well, earlier in the day when I decided I didn't even like them I had envisioned doing the right thing and just throwing them away...anyway, they're all gone now so I don't have to think about it. So I came home, walked the dog in the rain, feeling a little bad that I was only walking and not jogging or at the gym but then rationalized that I've been walking 5 or 6 days a week as opposed to my 3 days a week gym or jog routines...so I'm getting more days in at less intensity, which is fine, right? To resume the eating explanation/confession...so back from the walk and needing a "snack"...I take the lettuce out and wash it so it's out and ready as a "must have for dinner" eat a tortilla chip thinking "I don't want this" and instead popped a big bowl of air-popped corn sprayed with Bragg's Liquid Aminos (which is kind of like soy sauce and fat/calorie/guilt free)...ate that while checking in on everyone's blogs...then decided that after the crunchy and salty snack I needed something chocolately...luckily, I never gave my mom the finishing touch of her birthday present in January and had her "Andes Candies" mint/chocolate candies on hand so had a few of those...good job, Lis... I guess maybe I should read the newest "Skinny Bitch" book (as per Becky's recommendation)..."Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven"...oops, wait, I didn't mean to say that! I WILL have salad for dinner!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

You would fall down in shock if I actually listed what I eat on a daily basis....sigh. Especially today with my emotional eating as Nolan refused to nap. And I am getting NO exercise (and winded after a flight of stairs carrying Nolan). That being said I am going to start back on the treadmill.

The good thing about bun baking and exercise is that the more well done the bun becomes the harder exercise becomes, and even a little goes a long way. The fact that you are getting out even in the rain (you go girl!) is a great accomplishment!!!

Rebecca said...

I just bought Bragg's yesterday (the medium sized bottle), and way to go keeping a secret Miss Blabber mouth..must have been all that sugar that made your fingers go crazy on the keyboard.

Vicky said...

I don't think I would sure what I ate on a lot of days either. I think the exercise you are doing is great with the bun baking. And great job walking the dog in the rain. Morgan is so jealous now.

passaro said...

I don't get it? Aren't buns fattening? With all this talk about weight and exercise, why would you cook buns in an oven. I like buns with frosting!

Jen C-S said...

If you can't eat cookies while cooking buns, when can you eat cookies?