Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Weekend Away...

Rockport, MA


Well, we've been a rather busy crew here...Backing up to last Friday, I went to the beach with Tasha and vegged for a couple of hours after which we treated ourselves to yummy ice cream (yes, Vicky, the Full Fat kind because, you know...) Then on Friday night we met a bunch of folks at a carnival where Trav got to ride the "Cliff Hanger" or something along those lines with his nephew...think of the swings except you're lying down flat on your stomach with arms stretched out like superman (optional)...after some quality nephew time consisting of watching them go on rides, we caught up with a second party of carnival goers (trav's softball friends and significant others) for fried dough (yum...in moderation, of course, which pretty much means once a year a the carnival) and games...While I'm not a big fan of carny games, that's what the boys seem to like. I did play Whack-a Mole which I used to win, no fail, back in the day, however, even upon striking each freakin' mole dead-on, someone else won...we'll call him the prize hog of the night...My beloved did eventually win me a three foot tie-dyed snake (no you can't have it)! If I recall correctly, he successfully knocked 3 blocks off the platform...hmmm, or was it milk bottles?? Whichever is more challenging I'm certain is the one he did...

Saturday morning we left bright and early(ish) to head up to Salem, MA for one of Trav's high school buddy's wedding. We were able to have a stopover at Amy's which was nice:) I got to see that cute little Nolan boy in person and what a cutie little ham...I told Jen today that when I saw him, he was smaller than I had imagined. I guess that when you only see close ups and pictures from down on his level and just his head shot approaching the camera, he appears bigger. I'm glad he's still just wittle.
The wedding was nice but even nicer was getting to drive out to Rockport on Sunday for a stroll through the village and a little sunning time on the rock jetty. I like it there:)
And, the busy sociallites we are when we really set our minds to it, we stopped in Boston for Sunday night and stayed with Trav's friend Sage who has embarked on a guitar making odyssey...pretty impressive. Below is a picture of Trav getting his first ever accordian lesson from his buddy. We made it home Monday afternoon exhausted. And today I had a nice visit with Jen and Molly...we had a nice little picnic in the front yard and a swim in the back. I meant to take a picture of Miss Molly in the pool to post on my blog, but I didn't...I'm certain Jen will be updating her blog at some point...any day now...(wink, of course!)

I go back to school in 1 more week. But, I'm seriously okay with it...If I endured last year's class, I can endure anything!! (Though I'm only just really getting good at having summer...)

No comments: