This past weekend was my last full class weekend. I presented my culminating project and handed it in. Although I personally didn't feel very good about it, I received lots of positive feedback from my "colleagues" and from the program coordinator (kind of like the teacher). So that was all good and it was nice to have closure on that, finally...
We had a busy Sunday beginning with Trav's softball game followed by his dad's birthday brunch in Danbury/Bethel. We came home and relaxed and napped for our big night out in Norwalk seeing The Samples. They were supposed to be playing on the beach but because of the rain, the concert was moved to a nearby elementary school, which was weird...All the tailgators were under tarps in the parking lot because you couldn't "drink" inside the school. It was great to be around music and get a little dancing in.
Aside from that, last week was fairly low key...I went kayaking with Jenn on Wednesday, caught up with Jen, Molly, Vicky, Becca, and Richie on Thursday, hung out at my mom's pool before class on Friday, and classed it on Saturday. As for Monday and Tuesday...hmmm...I think one of those days I went to a craft store to get inspired to make "stuff" to go in my soap related gift baskets, and another day I bought a new quilt for my bed to try to change the feel of our bedroom...I'm regretting the red walls and am not about to repaint them anytime soon! Today I returned the new quilt because I realized when I got home with it that the one I have is just fine...I don't think anyone returns things more frequently than me!
I'm just comfortably in summer mode...only 17 days left of it and not a whole lot to accomplish in that time...except maybe the wedding album...maybe next week!
Okay...and to leave you with a little link to hear The Samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZE-3lP8k4
It's not th show I was at, nor is it my favorite "Did you ever look so nice?" song, but it's a good jammy tune nonetheless:)
No comments:
Post a Comment