We're back into the swing of things at school! The kids started yesterday (Monday) so I've had two days with them and no complaints! I have this fabulous feeling that I'm really going to be able to teach AND enjoy my class this year, which is a tremendous relief. Our first three days of school are early dismissal days for the kids so that after school we can have conferences to meet families and set some goals for the year. The neat thing about this class is that some of the kids I had already in Kindergarten so I know their families and other families I recognize from them coming on field trips and volunteering in the school. So I have a class full of eager parent helpers and support. That is awesome!
Our theme for the beginning of the year is Soaring into the School Year and we're actually expecting a real live Hot Air Balloon to blow up, launch, and even carry 8th graders up a few at a time....How cool is that?!...Thanks to "kayaking Jenn" for donating her hot air balloon trip wedding gift to the school! I'll post pictures, but you all have to cross your fingers for great weather on Thursday or Friday so this launch can actually happen.
Travis and I are dog-sitting for my sister's dog, Tahoe. He's a big, lovable Doberman who is Not used to being on a leash and wants to eat squirrels. He's been dragging me down the block to the park and typically once we get there, still leashed, he'll start barking at squirrels and attempts to "get 'em." What a meanie! Our couches are covered with all of Trav's text books because Tahoe would much rather sleep on the couch than on his cushy LLBean bed...While I don't like to sit on a couch that smells like dog or anything, I kind of don't mind being able to cuddle with a dog on the couch, especially on these chilly-type days we've been having. But, I guess that's not allowed. Poor Tahoe...
Let's see how many blog posts I can go without complaining about school this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment