Still back at school. Still don't mind my job. It's nice to have "nice" kids this year. And they do just what I ask them to (mostly). And I can actually help students individually without chairs flying behind my back. It's very nice to be a teacher again:)
We had yummy barbecued dinner tonight...good ole veggie burgers and grilled corn on the cob...yummy!
While there's nothing new to really report on, I'll share a disappointment...about books...you see, tonight I'm going to be finishing my book "Prodigal Summer" by the Poisonwood Bible lady...I read the book a good 5 or 6 years ago and it's so funny because I remembered thoroughly enjoying it but as I've read it again, it's like still all new to me (except for the general gist). But the disappointing part is that I only have a chapter or two left and then I'm done hanging out with those folks I've been spending my evenings with...Then I have to find another good book match and get to know a whole new group of people...Maybe I need to find a good series I can get into...As a kid I read those series books, there were all the Ramona Quimby books, the Bobsey Twins, and who were those cheerleader girls...oh, Sweet Valley High (Jill had like the whole set and so I would steal them and read them all). I accidentally came across a sequel to a random book I had picked up at the recycled book shop in town, which was fun because I had been wondering what ever happened to those friends I made down south just outside Appalachia...What does this mean? Is this a reflection of my life? Is this why I have a hard time making new friends? Because I like to stick with the comfort and the drama of those lives I already know? Hmmm....On that note, I'm taking suggestions for pleasant reading selections...any ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment