Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!!

Yay for Fireworks!! Last night Trav and I headed down to the beach here to see the town fireworks show. But first, and more importantly, we stopped at a new little coffee and sandwich shop that opened nearby with a little sign out front that said, "We sell Dr. Mike's Ice Cream." While most of my readers can't relate, Amy, Marisa?, maybe you guys can because Dr. Mike's is so freakin' yummy. It so beats Dairy Queen which was the only acceptable ice cream place around here...So, ice cream in hand, we drove down toward the fireworks. The beach parking was filled, but we found a prime location in a parking lot just beside the old landfill where the fireworks were being launched from...PERFECT seats! Lots of loud booms! Overall, however, the show was unimpressive, but something to do on a Tuesday night nonetheless and it would have killed me having been home to just hear the booms rather than to actually be part of the festivities. The quote of the night came from a little kid watching the fireworks in the same area who just after one of the fireworks went off said, "That would have been even cooler if it looked like Queen Latifah." Yeah, kid, we were thinking the same thing...But alas, fireworks are fun and will always remind me of my engagement night:)
Today Trav and I went up to my parents for a BBQ. It was a bit on the chilly side, so no swimming, but we just hung out with Jill, Lenny, Chase, Abby, Mom and Dad...We had yummy ice-cream cake for Jill's birthday.
I'm supposed to go kayaking tomorrow with kayaking Jenn (from now on I will just say Jenn...she has two n's, versus Jen C-S who only has 1)...but it looks like it will be possibly rainy and cool. Maybe we'll need a plan B.
I think the washing machine decision is to just replace the washer with a used one. The reasoning is that a washer/dryer in the middle of the living space in such a small home is not practical...not to mention cost effective. We'd have to run pipes/water to the front of the house. It would be one thing if we were going to be here awhile longer and then might "bump out" a mudroom type thing, but we've probably only got about a year left here after which we'll either sell or rent it...So if anyone has access to a used washer for sale, let me know! Until then it's the laundromat (at which I spent over two hours on Tuesday---but actually, I never really minded the laundromat...it's a slow pace there, AND you get six loads of laundry done all at once)! AND on top of that, I treated myself to falafel from the falafel place next to the laundromat! AND I saw a "finishing school" in the same plaza after having talked about finishing school with my mother-in-law on Saturday night. AND I saw a man who walked with a cane and literally had to step with one foot and slowly and effort-fully dragged the other leg to catch up. Made me appreciate my health. See everything that comes from a broken washing machine!!
I too am sorry I missed my luncheon on Saturday. Go figure that our second game, when everyone was absolutely exhausted, went into overtime AND penalty kicks only to just lose...and on top of that, miss my lunch:( next time...
okay, movie time...

1 comment:

Vicky said...

You are so good at looking for the silver lining. I agree it must be nice to get 6 loads of laundry done all at once.