This morning, I brought my cereal into the living room so I could sit and look out the window at the big trees across the street. I noticed they were getting ready to burst with leaves, just a hint of that new bright green showing through. Now in the evening, there's noticeably more green. I love watching the subtle yet rapid changes that the true spring brings.
A few days ago I took the following pictures of a couple of our house plants in bloom...so pretty and so full of life.
The top picture is an orchid that we kidnapped from my sister Abby after she had us babysit some of her plants while she was out of state for awhile (actually, she's still technically out of state cause she lives in NY), justified.
These pictures are of our Christmas Cactus that was given to me as a housewarming gift by kayaking Jenn when I moved into my apartment in New Haven. Come to think of it, that was particularly kind of her considering that I had only just met her a month or so before. Thank goodness for thoughtful people! It didn't bloom for the first two years I had it but now will bloom like this up to three times a year! Such beautiful color and life it adds (some people have pets or children, we're still stuck on plants!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment