Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Live in the Moment

Trav's uncle passed away unexpectedly on Sunday night. Healthy and fit. Just because. For me, I am very sad for my father-in-law, he lost a lifelong friend, I can't imagine how hard that must be for him and for Uncle Martin's wife and kids, and Travis. It is so easy to get so caught up in the must do's, have to's, should's, etc. But I'm always the first one that needs to be reminded of this. Screw stress from work, it's not worth it. Screw deadlines and anxiety and making the time for everything else before that which is most important. Remember the priorities, and rather than just thinking of someone, pick up the phone and listen to their voice, meet them for lunch and give them a hug, make sure they know they are loved by you, and valued by you, more than your job, your schoolwork, or whatever the distraction of the moment is. I need to be better at this so I thought I would put it out there in case anyone else could use a reminder, too.

No comments: