Monday, January 23, 2012

Germs

Germs are gross. They make people sick. We've all been sick in one capacity or another since Thursday and whatever it is likes to linger...bleh...Keller started with a fever on Thursday and by Thursday night Neko had it. Thursday night I was feeling nauseous and as I mentioned the thought to Trav I commented on how I hadn't thrown-up since being in labor with Keller...good memories of course:P We briefly discussed how humiliating of a thing it is (both puking and the whole humbling that labor does to you...) and actually, quite thankfully, by 11:30pm my stomach felt much better after running to the bathroom to throw up. I know. Lovely topic. But really, no one talks much about it and this is what Trav and I have been talking about since then...Throwing up sucks. That's all there is to it, but it sure does relieve a nauseous belly! So Friday was a rager of a fever day for me (today is Trav's rager day which means last night he puked as I lay in bed smirking...because it's a terrible horrible state to be in, but it's kinda funny?) Saturday was on and off fever, and Sunday and today have been "funny tummy" and like a dizzy kind of thing going on. Excellent. Glad the kids just seem to have had fevers and lots of lovely poops and poop experiences! Ugh. Gross. Must disinfect everything!
In an effort to keep from going stir crazy, we did make it the the library this morning for storytime, which we haven't done in over a year. I would bring Neko in his bucket seat and he hung out in that for most of the time...Then he began taking a solid nap in the morning and we have become morning recluses ever since. Even this morning I put him down for a nap, but he didn't quite go to sleep so by 9:45 I was getting everyone ready for a 10:15 departure. We made it there. Keller sat uninterested. No singing, no interest in participating. Neko stood on my lap and cranked at me any time I tried to make his hands do a motion for a song or bounce him. It was a great time:P We did hang around a little afterwards and played with toys. Neko just putzes around doing this and that oblivious to where Mommy is...and Keller found some Duplo blocks to make a castle with. I actually sat down for a breather for a few moments:) We FINALLY got Keller a library card and checked some books out. We'll see how good I am about getting them BACK to the library! I'm generally very bad at that part but I always view my fine as a contribution to an important public service!
After the library we went to the deli up the block to grab some turkey and "hapancheeeez" according to Neko or a half pound of cheese according to anyone else;) I love where he's at with his talking. The things he says crack me up. Out of nowhere sometimes he just shouts, "pancayes" (pancakes) and I laugh and say it back to him and he laughs and I don't know if he's trying to be funny or if something made him think of pancakes or if he's saying something else entirely and I just thing he's talking about pancakes. He certainly does like eating pancakes though! When he sees a pirate or sailer type person/picture anywhere he'll of course say, "arrrrrr", he mostly is on putting together 2 words, 3 if it includes please: pay.....outside. Mo cheese...pleeees. And he can certainly talk in jibberish like it's nobodies business. Keller likes to translate when he does that! Two little monkeys...
Hoping we're even more better tomorrow!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Yuck! Hope everyone stays healthy now.