And on the pleasant notes of the pregnancy:) This little bugger is a mover for sure! He/She seems very active, throughout the day and especially when I get into bed, which is when Keller was most active. And I LOVE feeling that little baby move inside of me, it's just the most amazing thing and it's also far more necessary to feel those movements the second time around because with the first, you tend to eat, sleep, and drink baby thoughts, books, websites, etc. The second time, at least for me, we're busy here, changing diapers, eating, playing with toys, taking naps, reading books, being silly, soaking up every little thing the big brother does. That little baby on the inside has to kick and punch to say, "Hey, don't forget about me! Eat healthy! Drink water! Take your vitamins! Exercise! I want to be a healthy happy baby too!! Kick! Punch!" And so begins the life of the second child:)
I am a little torn for now at figuring out how best to prepare Keller for his transition. While he's a pretty go with the flow kind of kid in social situations, can be left easily with grandparents or friends, at home with just Mommy he's a bit of a Mama's Boy (which I mostly love, but to a degree) and I'm currently able to pick him up/ carry him around when he wants me to but when I'm not able to pick him up or if I put him down and he doesn't want to go down, we get a bit of a fit out of him. So my torn-ness is feeling like he's my baby boy and his whole world is going to change in a few months so do I give him all the attention now since I can? Or do I start backing off a little more to help prepare him? (My behavior analyst husband knows exactly what I should do, but that's a professional opinion, not a motherly instinct, and so I guess there it is...follow my instincts, I'll find the right balance, and no matter what I do, we will all have to figure out how our roles change when the new little one comes along).
Still no definite plans on the delivery thing. Thinking that if we go into labor early then we'll try the old-fashioned way but if we get beyond the due date, then C-Section it will be... A little early would be good, although I must confess that the idea of a natural childbirth is daunting to me after recalling my experience with Keller and knowing that I didn't even experience the whole thing...It's nice to be so distracted with everything else in life though to not dwell upon that part of things! It will all work out the way it was meant to.
1 comment:
The second time is definitely different. Try to enjoy it. I know I was so busy with Becca that time kinda flew by.
Post a Comment