

Lazy mama because I haven't been very good with pictures on the blog lately or with taking pictures in general I should say. Part of the problem is the camera which really needs to be taken in for service--the auto focus setting is not always focusing or allowing a picture to be taken...very frustrating. But anyhow, here are some random pictures from the past month or so:) Keller got some fingerpaints for Christmas (thank you Jeff and Marisa) and we finally opened them up and squirted a little paint on some paper and Keller would not have his finger touch the wet messy stuff (have I blogged about his dislike for messy, dirty, broken things???---will have to be a post unto itself at some point!) So he wouldn't touch the paint and I had no paintbrushes easily accessible so I thought fast and grabbed some Q-Tips which did the trick thankfully! They even helped him to eventually be comfortable enough using his fingers, although he definitely did some complaining like "ohhhh:(" in a sad and disappointedly messy kind of way, like soiling his finger was against his morals or something...But, that too he got over as you can see him showing off his red finger above!!

Keller's buddy Sammy came for a visit Before Christmas and they had some pretty good parallel play going on for awhile--they tried to show each other the proper way to play with the pots in the cabinet, and then Keller gave Sammy a ride on his bike which was just too cute because while Keller has a few months on Sammy age-wise, Keller is such a little guy that it seemed like Sammy should be riding Keller. We saw Sammy again last week and the boys practiced their sharing techniques (Keller's favorite technique is "No, no, no, no!") and did some chasing around the chair at Jenn's house. Very cute:)


Keller likes to take an occasional break from the heavy stresses of playing and calm his mind and re-center himself with a little Downward-Facing Dog on occasion.

Keller's first "bubbos" in the tubby-tub. This picture was taken after he stopped crying and actually sat down in the tub. He loves the tub and we talked up the bubbles but he was not wanting to get into that tub that appeared "dirty" or "messy" with bubbles ruining his perfectly good, fun plain old water.

Bobo insisted on joining the family in the small bathroom for the experience. He got bubbled, too. Look how humiliated he seems!

And this may be a not-so-sure-of-these-bubbles picture of Keller...

And finally, like on another friend's blog, this picture is a "Mommy Spotting"--she's actually IN the picture this time! (Looking her morning-time-finest I might add!) We were having a cozy morning cuddle on the couch. Maybe I'll try working on more pictures again, or at least getting the camera fixed!
2 comments:
Great photos. I especially love the mom photo.
I love the downward dog - Keller is much better at that position than me. :-)
As far as not liking things to be dirty or messy, Keller is a typical first-born child. (It takes one to know one.)
Post a Comment