Friday, May 15, 2009
Two Firsts
Yesterday while at my sister's, Keller managed to outwit me in the napping department (yeah, I know, what's new??) Anyway....the system has been that he takes his morning nap in Chase's big boy crib that has the mattress all the way down and no bumper and the afternoon nap in Cali's high up newborn mattress. Well yesterday he was crying and crying in checked on him I found that his big chunk-a-monk leg was sticking out of Chase's crib slats and the other leg was awkwardly stretched out across the crib----poor little guy was stuck. So after getting the I'm sorry hug and cuddle, he was UP so he hung out with us downstairs. By afternoon naptime he was exhausted. So into Cali's crib he went--I even stuck him in the sleep positioner in hopes of him being immobile, knowing he's getting ready to pull himself up and all. Well I watched in the doorway as he managed to get himself out of the positioner and onto his belly...fine. I went downstairs and could hear his general complaining over the monitor. Then it was a little quiet, but I'm not convinced he's sleeping. I go up to check on him and there is his head...he's SITTING up! He's never gotten himself up to sitting by himself before...go figure he learns it at naptime when he's supposed to be lying down. So I hug him and put him back down, go downstairs and AGAIN...sitting up! Third times a charm, right?? Well the next time I go up to check on him, he's not sitting up, he's STANDING up holding on to the crib side and bouncing happily with a big toothless grin! How freakin' adorable. Needless to say, he was removed from the crib and brought downstairs. I tried him in the swing to sleep but he thought he was at the park and wanted to try to make the swing go faster. I strapped him in the bouncy and watched him try to squiggle up and out...So again, no nap...he hung out with me and Cali while Chase slept. Trav and I were anticipating this so last weekend we lowered his crib already. What a big, goofy little boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow..he is getting so big already!
Post a Comment