Friday, May 22, 2009

Not Swine Flu!!!


Fever...101, 102+, chills, headache...uh, oh...I woke up on Monday night feeling terrible, hot and cold and shivery and like Righty (boob) was going to explode...So at about 3am I pumped, which I never do in the night, took some Tylenol (yup, it was that bad!) and went back to sleep, hoping I'd feel better enough in the morning to get up to Jill's, which I did.  Luckily, Tuesday is my "late morning"--I didn't need to be there until 10, so I popped more Tylenol and was on my way, not feeling great, but feeling okay enough.  Well as the Tylenol wore off I knew I was officially "sick" so I let Jill know at work that I'd need a "sick day" on Wednesday.  Tuesday evening I came home and just laid on the floor next to Keller waiting for Trav to come home.  Lucky for me I thought it was a Jiu Jitsu night so I didn't expect him until after 7:30 so when the door opened before six I was so relieved:)  Went to bed when it was still very light out, slept like crap, hot cold shivering cold sweating...the whole shebang.  I planned to go to the Doctor the next day to confirm that it wasn't the flu (of any variety) but when Travis came home from work to relieve me on Wednesday, I decided that an hour of sleep would be more beneficial than an hour at the doctor's office, knowing he had to go back to work.  So by Wednesday evening I was feeling a little better, less of a fever, slept better, and felt okay Thursday morning.  Talked to Jill who mentioned that it could be breastfeeding related, which I had mentioned to Trav early on, but then dismissed I guess.  By Thursday afternoon it hit me again and I realized that Righty has been bothering me, feeling bruised/tender so I did a little research online and pretty much diagnosed myself as having Mastitis.  Thursday evening I packed up Keller and went to the doctor who confirmed the prognosis, gave me a prescription and sent me on my way.  Slept like crap again last night, up and out for an 8:15 eye exam (because the last eye doctor I went to said I needed bifocals again...so I just found a different doctor and he said I can just keep the same prescription...actually he said he could give me a stronger one but I'd probably get headaches...hmmmm...glad he agreed to keep the same prescrip.)  So fussy baby in Dr. office, feeling like crap, still, eyes dilated, bloody nose when we came home!  go figure!  and baby that needs to learn how to nap standing up because that's all he does now when I put him in his crib!  Ugh!  But alas, at least I don't have Swine Flu!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Glad it isn't swine flu. Hope you feel better soon.

Rebecca said...

Oh man..what a crappy few days there..glad it isn't Swine Flu..oink oink..