Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Park Hopping

On Friday, Keller, Bo and I took a walk down to the park.  It was Keller's first official time ridng in his stroller like a big boy without the carseat.  He really seemed to like being able to see the world around him.  It was cute because he kept his arms stuck down at his sides the whole time...like he was all confused and forgot that he had them....cute.  So Keller hung out in the stroller while I threw the ball for Bo to release some of his energy and then when we were leaving I put Keller in the swing for the first time.  Very cute.  He was very serious at first, not sure what was going on, but then he got into it.  Unfortunately, the pictures didn't come out great because I was pushing the swing, holding the BoBo leash, and trying to focus and take a picture of a moving object.  You get the idea though...He liked it:)






Then on Saturday, we met our friends Jackie and Justin and their little boy Joseph to walk down to the park by their house.  
Bo was a naughty dog and disobeyed the posted sign:  (or maybe he was encouraged to do so by his daddy...)--click on the picture to read the sign--
Keller listened intently to Baby Joe tell him all about what it's like being a big 1 year old.  I think the conversation went something like this:  "Hi"....."Hi"...."Hi"
BoBo got to chase the tennis ball in the pond while Vinny wished he could go in too...That was fun until the lady came over and told us about the giant snapping turtles that killed the ducks in the pond...of course Trav wasn't worried by this, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to "swim with the snappers."
And after all of the excitement of the park, the boys zonked out on the way home.  Keller of course slept his signature 30 minutes for a nap while Jackie texted me 3 hours later to let me know that Baby Joe just woke up...grrrr...
Trav and I did a few "drive-bys" of houses for sale in the area...just keeping an eye out in case the right one comes along at just the right price.  And on Sunday we went to Shannon and Dave's baby shower for the already born niece.  Keller got to stay home with Grandma and Grandpa while Trav and I went to the shower...not quite what I would consider a "date" unfortunately.  We'll have to plan one of those soon though.  It was nice that my parents were able to enjoy their pleasant grandson after so many cranky, borderline colicky visits that we've had in Keller's earlier months.  He's becoming so much fun!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We've gone from bar hopping to park hopping!