Friday, March 27, 2009

Busy Week


Well first of all, the pizza went over okay it seems, though there was an increase in spit ups, it was nothing like what it used to be.  I still will not be eating dairy for awhile, but I least I know that I can get away with a little now and then...unless of course the dairy is the reason why Keller had a less than stellar sleep-week...or maybe it was the antibiotic I was on or maybe it was a growth spurt or maybe he just felt like screaming and visiting with us in the night--we'll never know--luckily Wednesday night was a sleep straight through and last night Trav was able to rock him back to sleep within 15 minutes both times he woke up last night...very nice:)  We ned to keep training him to be able to fall asleep not on the boob AND to be able to get himself back to sleep in the night...eventually:) 
Keller's Escape Artist manuevers.

 As for our general business this week, Sunday we had a couple of friends by for breakfast and then went for a nice walk down by the sound again.  Trav and I were able to hash out some of our options for Keller's wakeful nights---it's hard to do such hashing in the middle of the nights when there's a screaming baby and exhausted  mommy and daddy--I like our family walks.  Monday was a get back into the swing of things day for me and Keller after last weeks full week of sick.  We went on a couple of errands together and had a "lunch date" at Babies R Us in the special mommy room.  We checked out all the toys since the Easter Bunny needs to pick out a cool truck or car or something like a big-boy-toy for the Easter basket...the current toys seem to be getting boring...I also picked up a diaper champ in anticipation of smellier diapers when we start big boy food in a couple of weeks.  I love that I'm still able to use my BRU gift cards and store credits to get what we need.  On Tuesday we went up to my mom's so she could watch Keller and I could work on my resume...for no particular reason other than to start thinking about an update and getting ideas for how I can market myself when the time comes...I play with teaching a few classes at the community colleges...we'll see...in no rush for a job now, particularly since I'll be watching my sisters kids for most of April, May, and June.  Should be some interesting stories once that starts...three kids and Lisa!!!  We actually visited Jill and Chase and Cali on Wednesday in the midst of their packing up to move into the new house they've been building...Keller was able to see what it was like in a house where both kids napped simultaneously in their respective spaces...novel!  At least he slept in the car an hour there and an hour home!  And Thursday was visit the brand new niece in the hospital...Trav's sister had a baby girl, Piper, three weeks early.  So she now gets to have pink girlee stuff after her two boys.  After our visit to the hospital we had a nice dinner out at a Vietnamese place we like in Danbury and made it home just in time for Keller to turn into a pumpkin!  And there you have it...it's now Friday and we've just got a few errands and some hanging out to do...next week is our last week home before watching Cali and Chase so hopefully we can get a visit in with friends sometime soon! 
Keller's finest Jiu Jitsu move with Teddy...

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Love the Jiu Jitsu move. Hope we can get together next week. :)