Sunday, November 23, 2008

No Title in Particular

So as I mentioned, we were going to try to start getting Keller to sleep in his crib for naps and for part of the night...Well, on Friday night, we put him down at about 8, which was early for him but Trav and I were going to watch a movie (The Assassination of Jesse James...) so Keller ate a little and was bundled up and put in the crib...no problem. After the movie, around 11 I woke him up, feeling a little selfish to wake him up to feed him because I wanted to sleep for 3 to 4 solid hours rather than to have left him sleep and wake me up in an hour...I got over it though when he ate happily with his eyes closed...he got a new dipe, was re-bundled and put back to the crib around midnight and slept to 3:30...pretty typical. Of course his crying woke us because he was hungry...when he was in the room with us, he wouldn't have to cry because we'd here his little "I'm hungry" cooes and lip-smacks...So as it seems for now, he likes the crib. Trav pointed out that it's much softer than his bassinet, particularly considering that under the thin bassinet mattress we have books to prop the mattress a little...I forget why...nasal drip? puke control? I really don't remember why we did that...But of course, it's a little sad that he's now "big enough" to sleep in his own room...but it sure is nice to sleep in a dark bedroom again without hearing every little grunt and groan that Keller makes. We haven't even used the monitor yet because it needed to be charged on Friday when we took it out of the box and then somehow last night it was uncharged again because somebody unplugged it...hmmm...

What else...On Thursday, my mom came down for a visit with Keller which gave me some time to head out into the world for a little while (I welcome any chance I can to get out...) Keller showed off some of his cute smiles that he's been sharing on occasion. I'll have to make a conscious effort to try to catch them on film...(can I still say that?)
And on Friday, Vicky, Becca, and Richie came for a visit. Bo of course thought they came strictly to visit him as he usually thinks when we have guests, but luckily, these guys are accustomed to a big slobbery "active" lab...Becca did a great job tiring out Bo who enjoyed chasing her and being chased by her and jumping over her when she fell;) Richie just got his little hands licked and licked and licked...and Vicky got to hang out with Keller while Lisa go to sit back and take it all in. It was kind of neat to see all the different stages of early childhood from Keller's cranks, to Richie's curiousity/button pushing/basket emptying, to Becca's conversation skills and dog-playing. After a walk to the park to air out the kids and the dog, Vicky and I speedwalked back home out of the cold air...

On that note, Mr. Squishy is up from his nap and apparently needing me...



No comments: