Last night; 1:10 am...Keller awakes for his first feeding of the night...by 1:45 he's back in his bassinet sleeping...good boy.
3:15 am... up again, a little earlier than I'd have liked but what are ya gonna do?... feed him, put him down... try to go back to sleep amidst all of his grunts and groans (is he making a poop? is he gassy? is he hungry? how come I can't always tell the difference yet? frustrating...)
3:45 am... Trav says, "He sounds hungry." I argue, "How do you know that's not gassy?" No comment. I feed him, again...out comes the gas/poop he was trying to get out while also being hungry, I guess...that's why we couldn't figure out what kind of noises he was making.
4:15ish... I get up to change him. Diaper off, still grunts and groans when all of the sudden out comes a surprise...SQUIRT...but no, not of the pee pee kind...ugh!! I never knew of projectile poop until last night...straight out of the hiney, squirted everything in its line of fire...the pile of clean diapers, clean paper towels/wipes, the changing pad, and yes, even the wall...I had to call Trav out of bed for this one...and just when things were just about under control out comes the pee pee squirt! A mess!!
4:45...back to bed
7:15 the day begins...
While every night we're up for a few feedings/changes, last night was a particularly eventful one I thought I'd share! Amy, Jen, Candace...are you ready for these eventful nights again??!!
5 comments:
We were lucky that we never had any of that with Molly. We had some serious blowouts with clothes on where I needed assistance, but not with no diaper at all. I was reminding John last night about all the newborn baby stuff, nursing marathons, potential crying for hours unless you are holding them, etc. He said he has blocked most of that out :).
I've blocked a lot of it out too.. last week we were watching home videos of Nolan's newborn days - mostly to show him what it's like to have a new baby in the house - and a lot of it came flooding back. Yikes...which is a main reason I have been grumpy lately regarding sleep, I suppose.
Poop is a mysterious thing - we have several pictures of what newborn poop can do......yes, we took pics, of all things.
:)
Just wait until the night that he does that and you get him all clean. Then you decide to feed him. And he pukes all over you, the couch, the floor. So you have to do it all over again. Ahhh...the joys of being a mommy to a newborn.
I found it actually sad the night that Stella only took 10 minutes to eat instead of her usual 45. But then I went back to sleep and realized it was a good thing!
Blow out diapers are bad but no diaper is even worse. You have to laugh at the absurdity of it or you'll cry. I hope you get more sleep tonight.
oh no!
Post a Comment