
Ohhh cutie!!! We're finally getting into using the ring sling from Jen:) Keller has begun to prefer being held and is not as interested in hanging out in his swing or bouncy, which makes for a loooonnnngggg day particularly on those "don't feel like napping" days or "I'll fall asleep in your arms but as soon as you put me down I'll wake up..." days. Granted, he's only really had 2 or 3 of these in the All Day capacity, but regardless, the sling has been great.

Today Keller had his first nap in his big-boy crib. We know that we've got to start transitioning him into the crib sooner than later seeing as we need to get the bassinet to Jill by the end of December, so I thought he could start getting used to it by having naps in there rather than in his swing (or my arms). Today I tricked him by wrapping him in a toasty toasy blanket, swaddled so he might feel sort of like he was still in my arms when I put him down and jackpot!!! It worked! (today at least) We'll have to keep at it and see how things go.

I weighed him today and he was 12 lbs!! Yikes!! We tried on some of his 3-6 month clothes...still a little big but awfully close to fitting! I put him in a button down shirt and got all sad because he looked so big and grown up. That's the thing about babies...they grow up so fast. I'm so trying to savor all of the littleness of him. I took out my journal today for the first time since September and began listing all of the things I love about little Mr. Keller. When I look at him I have so many thoughts and so many things that I want to remember about him in this moment in time...I have to make a point of writing those things down...ahhhh, sentimentality...
Jerry was a racecar driver...polyester makes me sweat...I know, random, but Travis put in some random CDs and right now I'm hearing a little old school Primus...reminds me of Tom Barry and working at the liquor store, the Phish show at Great Woods with Jen and Donna wearing my favorite polyester shirt from Sally's...Then there was the Toad the Wet Sprocket that came on before Primus reminding me of freshman year of college and Mike Brown...Crazy the memories that music holds...Oh the soundtrack of our lives;)
3 comments:
You are not allowed to be be reminded of other boys!
Hey Passaro--whose the boy who stole my heart, gets to see me every day with my hair down and glasses off, and gave me the most beautiful son I could wish for? I'll have memories as I please, you lucky duck!
point well made...
Post a Comment