This is our first family outing the day after we came home. We strolled down to the park and Trav propped the camera on the stroller to take this shot. It's been nice to be able to get out for some walks before the weather gets too cold...fresh air is much needed! We're figuring things out, including how to sleep "on demand"...he's out, quick, get in bed! It's just the beginning of a life-long adventure for us!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Two Weeks Old!!
Okay, okay, here's some long awaited pictures...mostly from Keller's first week of life. He's doing great, and so are we. Bo, the dog, is having some jealousy, which he had before Keller when me and Trav would not give him enough attention. Now that jealousy is compounded. Trav has been going out of his way to make sure Bo is feeling loved now that this new creature has infiltrated his turf...He also is not adjusting well to the new doggy run that was installed in the back. He doesn't like the idea of having to "walk himself" after having been spoiled with regular walks down to the park. He'll get them back, but for now, especially now that Trav is going back to work on Monday, he'll have to get used to the backyard...
In the above picture, please note the double chin...I passed that along to Keller...I told him it was all mommy's cookies she ate during the last couple weeks of pregnancy;)
Trav was super-dad at the hospital and back home. After having had a C-section at midnight, following 30 hours of labor and lots of drugs...pitocin, epidural, anti-biotics, "fluids" (yup, so much for "natural childbirth") and 3 hours in the recovery room...I was not attentive to what anyone was telling me. Good thing Trav's ears still worked. He knew just what to do (or at least acted as if...)
Keller weighed in at 8 pounds 11 ounces. Big guy! When we left the hospital, he was down to 8 pounds 6 ounces and for our first pediatrician visit 3 days later he was down to 8 pounds 5 ounces, which meant I wasn't doing the best job feeding him (I'm nursing)...so the next few days I was in a feeding frenzy and luckily for the next visit which was on Monday, he was up to 8 lb. 10oz. and the pediatrician was pleased. Oh, and on top of making sure to feed him more, we also learned that he was/is most likely lactose intollerant, at least for now, which means no dairy for Mommy...I didn't quite realize how much dairy I actually eat...cheese and crackers, yogurt, milk in cereal...pizza;) So we're figuring that out too...
Mr. Serious
Keller taught himself how to hold the hospital issued "bink" into his mouth. We have a collection of photos of him holding it in in different ways...one hand, two fingers, the arm hold, the "up and over" grasp...very talented. Luckily, he is not "bink-addicted" as we thought he might be at first. We were first skeptical about even using one since he didn't seem to "need it" but alas, we allowed the nursery to use it if needed and for his circumcision they gave it to him...which was fine...anything to soothe the poor little guy from that trauma. His pediatrician says there's no harm in the bink as long as it is used with love;) We like her...

This is our first family outing the day after we came home. We strolled down to the park and Trav propped the camera on the stroller to take this shot. It's been nice to be able to get out for some walks before the weather gets too cold...fresh air is much needed! We're figuring things out, including how to sleep "on demand"...he's out, quick, get in bed! It's just the beginning of a life-long adventure for us!
This is our first family outing the day after we came home. We strolled down to the park and Trav propped the camera on the stroller to take this shot. It's been nice to be able to get out for some walks before the weather gets too cold...fresh air is much needed! We're figuring things out, including how to sleep "on demand"...he's out, quick, get in bed! It's just the beginning of a life-long adventure for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I see that these pictures are old news for you avid facebookers...So Trav is a little better at keeping up with pictures than I am, so what!!
What? I want to be Facebook friends with Travis. Can you ask him to add me?
Beautiful photos and baby. I love Keller holding the bink. Too cute. Also thank Travis for updating us on facebook with photos. I love seeing them.
Lactose intolerant..that explains his gassiness! :)
Post a Comment