Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mr. Piggy

Yesterday, Trav, Keller, and I went to a lactation specialist who came highly recommended by both my OB group and a couple of friends. I figured we'd make sure we were doing things properly and get some good tips, advice, and recommendations, which we did. One thing this woman recommended was the "skin to skin" idea of putting the baby high up on your chest and allowing him to find his way down to the yummy part himself...we watched a video about it and I had seen this done at the breastfeeding class I went to. Anyway, Keller is an old pro at "the latch" since he was born...no problems...(as long as he remembers to do 'big mouth' as I call it)
Anyway, last night and today, when I've used this particular feeding method, I found myself chuckling at all of my boy's noises that he makes when feeding...from the "I'm hungry" whimper, to the "There's the nipple! Quick get my mouth on it" snorts, yes snorts! Very endearing;) To the "Oh my gosh, it's coming out so quick" gulps AND raised and/or furrowed eyebrows, Then there's the standard "Ahhh, refreshing" glug, glugs, and finally the little ewok sounding coo-s of contentment as he sits on my lap, my hand patting his back awaiting those sweet cooes to give way to a hearty belch from one end and a cacauphony of relief from the other end! Ahhh, the sweet delight of a full-bellied baby! This little guy sure knows how to eat!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

yay! Glad to hear all is going well.

Vicky said...

Glad to hear Keller is eating well. I'm going to call soon. I promise. I'd love to come and visit soon.