
I finally had to cave and buy a new USB cable so I could get my pictures out of the camera. Since I invested all that extra money, I should really be sure to utilize the pictures, no? So here you get to see some shots from our weekend in VT. We finally did make it up there the weekend after New Year's and it was so nice to get away. We stayed at a friend's family's cabin right near Mt. Snow. We snowboarded ("rode") on Saturday, first time in two years, and came home to veg out, built a fire, and ordered in Chinese. Being married to a "die-hard," come Sunday we had to get up and do it all over over again (only this time much achy-er). On Sunday, the whole top half of the mountain was in a cloud. It was pretty neat watching the "fog" become more dense as we went up the lift. You could barely see two lifts ahead, which made for the quick, "hurry, get the bar up, time to unload" as the "disembarking platform" just sort of snuck up on us.
Here's what I liked best about the weekend:- Vermont is pretty, especially when it's all snow-covered
- Snowboarding is a great excuse to be outside all day
- Clean, cool, fresh air
- No cell phones or computers
- No schedule (except that we had to get up Sunday and do it all over again)
- Toasty warm fire in the fireplace
- Achey muscles
- Ice and snow covered trees on the mountain
- Darkness at night
- Having my honey all to myself!!

Hopefully one day, Trav and I can swing a little cabin like this of our own. It would be so nice to be able to just check out for a weekend here and there without having to plan/organize/book any kind of accomodations. Hmmm...We're accepting cash donations to help us with our dream if you're interested...
See Trav's new little car in the driveway? Yay for reliability! It's a cute little Subaru WRX...kinda like my car but more "boy" oriented (faster). It's the first car Trav has had with airbags in the past 4 years! God forbid they ever get used...It's just nice to know they're there.
No comments:
Post a Comment