On Saturday evening Trav and I went over to Jenn's house for an evening of "Rock Band" playing on her X-Box. Too much fun! For those of you not up-with-the-times enough to know what this is, it's like the Wi thing where rather than just pushing buttons and maneuvering joysticks as many of us are most familiar with, there's actually "instruments" to play that mimic their real-life counterparts (well, sort of...) So Jenn and Dan have a big projector screen on a full wall of their basement (which made our band actually "larger than life"). Four people could play at a time, one singer which earned points for accuracy of singing (melody? tone? I confess to being voice-illiterate when it comes to music--though I look great above...I believe I was singing Beastie Boys Sabotage, thank you Blarney's juke box for giving me this skill)! So singer, drums, four color-coded drums AND foot pedal...so cool! A guitar and a bass player. So singer reads the karoke on the top of the screen and everyone else reads their instruments "notes" coming down the screen in color codes to match your instruments buttons/drums. If you mess up or miss too many notes, you get kicked off the stage and sometimes, if your other band members are doing really well, they can bring you back on. It's really funny!
Being the drummer girl that I am, I liked the drums best, though I do look like a natural with the bass here...Isn't this a funny one below:
I'm trying so hard to watch my notes on the screen and get it right...And next to me is Vanessa who is singing, even though she's never even heard the song before...funny!
So that was a nice night out with my jogging gals. Vanessa (right) has been out of school since November doing the Mommy thing so it was great to catch up with her and her little man. And Jenn (left) and I work literally across the hall but can go weeks without catching up since we don't jog in the cold weather and the work day is just non-stop...Thanks, Jenn, for making a fun night out for us!
2 comments:
That's awesome. I myself was doing karoke on Saturday night on Playstation 2. Funny! Same kind of thing where you get points for staying on the melody.
Oh!...do you NOT remember the two of us drunkenly singing "Zombie" by the Cranberries in some random frat basement? Your skills do indeed go way back!
Post a Comment