Thursday, June 14, 2007

Poor Me...

But first, a random picture...I went to water the window boxes the other day and it seems as if whoever likes to snip the heads off the tulips also likes to eat bread in the flower boxes...where did that bread even come from...whacky Stratford wildlife!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, suck it up, but it really stinks being sick. I started with a scratchy throat last week, was fading out a little on Saturday, coughed my way through Sunday (in NY), sucked it up on Monday, took Tuesday off from school, survived Wednesday at school and today was Field Day so I figured I should really "go have fun with the kids." Unfortunately, the role of the classroom teacher at field day tends to be "yell at the kids all day to keep them calm and safe when they're not competing..." I could go on and on...but anyway, I have this guilt complex about taking days off from school. I feel like a slacker, I feel bad for the "good kids" who have to put up with the "bad kids'" antics with the substitute (as if it's not already bad enough with me in there). Anyway, a miserable teacher who is cranky and doesn't feel good is no use to anyone. The only thing I really feel bad about is that they won't be able to finish their Father's Day frame/cards because I didn't finish taking everyone's pictures and hadn't printed them yet...I feel bad for people who on a regular basis can't breathe through their noses...I wonder how much of my not feeling well relates directly to that...dry throat, lips, breathing open-mouthed...yuck! Oh well, I really shouldn't complain at all because even though I'll be home tomorrow, I'll be busily working on report cards to free up my weekend to work on my culminating project as planned.

No comments: