Monday, June 25, 2007

3 1/2 Days to Go...

That last day is not going to be here soon enough! I am ready for summer, slow mornings, sitting on the front steps drinking my tea, writing in my journal, going for a jog, catching up with friends, kayaking, doing nothing, heck, maybe I'll even knit a little again...I figure, Samantha is going to be 2 in September so her blanket that I started almost 3 years ago might get a few more rows added on to it (sorry Marisa, I certainly meant well when I started it;)...reading...I was given the book The Pact by Jodi Picccoult by a colleague and I can't wait to dive into mindless reading, although I have to finish my reread I'm working on now. This is going to be the first summer in many years that I haven't worked for a few weeks at summer school (and I don't have a wedding to finish planning and execute, etc.). I honestly feel that I have truly EARNED my summer vacation this year given all the crap this class has put me through. In 9 years of teaching, this is definitely my worst...good riddance!! Oh and as I reread, I realize that the word "class" though originally meant to apply to my students (though not all), it can also dually stand for my graduate program...August 11th is another of those bittersweet dates, marking my official graduation, although a mere 4 days later I begin the rat race of the new schoolyear, which I anticipate to be much much more enjoyable again. Wish me luck in my last few days!!

No comments: