Just went to pick up a prescription at Brooks. Trav was with me. I drove. Went right back to the pharmacy, got the goods, went to get something in another aisle, got in line up front, paid, and was walking out the door while checking for my keys. No keys. Not in my pockets, not in my purse, not in my bag, not in the car. Car is locked. Go back inside, check the front counter, nope, the pharmacy counter, nope, the aisle we were in, nope. Walk outside again perplexed because they HAD to be SOMEWHERE. Next thing you know this woman comes from her car over to us and says, were you at the pharmacy? Yup. Are these your keys? Yup. She says she must have gone after me and just picked the keys that I left off the counter, paid, and when to her car when she realized they were not her keys...Thank goodness she didn't leave!! Phew!! I thought I was going nuts there for a minute!
Today was the first day of my mentorship with Mr. Nutrition. It was a highly cognitive day of hashing out the skeleton of a nutrition certificate program. Very interesting process. As it turns out, I don't think I want the nutrition guy to be my mentor, I'd much prefer the program director who invited me to join this process...We'll see what happens. Tomorrow is our second day together to get more of the "meat" of the program. It really is exciting to be part of the development of something new and potentially innovative. I'm so glad all of these pieces of my program are falling into place. I spent way too much time stressing about them.
Here's one tidbit of Mr. Nutrition's philosophy...Don't deny yourself Pleasure in life. If you deny yourself pleasure in life, then you will constantly be seeking pleasure in any way possible, including through abusing food. If you allow enough pleasure in your life, you will likely be able to better balance the pleasure in your food choices. Therefore the cake can be enjoyed rather than demonized. Interesting idea, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment