I posted this picture from our Honeymoon in France because this town, Beynac, in the Dordogne region (southwestern France), was listed in the travel book as reminiscent of Johnny Depp pulling up his boat to the town of what's her name in the movie (Juliette Binoche). Beynac was a really neat place with one of many of France's chateaus protecting it, not to mention it had the only room available considering the nearby city was hosting a Bastille Day event. Hungry and tired, me and Trav took the cheapy hotel room and ate an expensive dinner in the hotel restaurant with a most memorable and odd waiter. It amazes me that people really live in some of the places I've travelled to. To me, it's like living in Epcot. But I guess it's far more authentic of an experience than Epcot will ever be!
Anyway, if you haven't seen the movie, it's very sweet. And Johnny Depp is cute, I don't care how eccentric he may be...
Here's a couple more Beynac pictures....(Trav has the better ones saved on his computer)
Okay, now, where to travel to next? We must get at least one more good trip in before any life-changing events take place!!! (Lots of innuendo going on here...unintentional, I swear!)
2 comments:
You would love Italy - not sure if you have been there. Chris' family is from a small village called Sora - no touristy anything, just all old cobblestoned walkways and crevices evrywhere, food to die for.... The pics you posted remind me of many of the small mountain towns we visited. My father in law is a photographer and has some of the most amazing prints of the area!
We have Chris' grandparents house in Sora, vacant and waiting for visitors...you have an open invite anytime you want to go!
Hi Lisa.
I love the blog. I can't wait to see more pics and read more. It was great seeing you the other day. I'll let you know how the bath salt is as soon as I get to use it.
Post a Comment