Sunday, February 25, 2007

Aromatherapy


So I've returned from a weekend workshop in Aromatherapy. I figured it would be helpful to have more background knowledge in understanding the properties of some of the essential oils I've been putting in my soaps and salts. Tasha and I went up together for the class, which was nice to have company on the trip. But, me, being the High Standards snob that I can be, am disappointed at the content, or lack there of, that was presented. I guess the bulk of the learning will take place when I complete the hours upon hours of classwork that needs to be completed before I can be "certified," which really means nothing in the aromatherapy world...This will become my Internship for my class. (By the way, I'll need some "guinea pigs"...anyone interested? prerequisite: I must already know you!!!)

This week was my school vacation, which was rather busy. I managed a trip to the outlets to return the last of my Christmas gifts that didn't work on Monday, schoolwork Tuesday, hung out with Mom on Wednesday (and little Miss Samantha), and on Thursday and Friday I got started on my mentorship, far, far away in eastern CT at an herb shop. I'm really looking forward to building my understanding of herbs and their common uses. I am also very interested in gaining insight into the world of small business. The two women I've interacted with already have such different attitudes toward the purpose of their businesses and some very interesting advice. It's very exciting to just be open to the possibilities of Something Entirely New to me as a possibility for my future individually and for the potential family.


Looking ahead, the month of March is going to be absolutely Insane for me. I will be completing both of my mentorships (both 40 hours...), working on my aromatherapy internship work, going to a wedding, going to a Natalie MacMaster concert, my weekend class, oh, then there's that job that actually pays me that I'm expected at every day, too...If I can make it through this month without any major breakdowns, I'll be very impressed! I look forward to the first 2 weeks of August when I'll have Nothing To Do because my course will be done and school won't start back up till mid-Aug. Ahhhh....that's so nice to think about!!!


I must count my blessings though that I have been lucky enough to be able to pursue my own wacky interests and am supported by my wonderful husband (even though I stink up the kitchen now and then with my concoctions!!!)

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I'll be your guinea pig. I also loved the pic you posted. Did you take that one too?

Lisa said...

yup...this picture is from Provence, France...we made it to the lavender fields just before dark...then got lost! I can still smell the sweet lavender air...