
Well, I think about my blog often but just don't get to it. I think that part of it is that I'm generally babysitting most naptimes which is the ideal time to get to it. Then when I'm not babysitting I have 500 things to accomplish during naptime and/or one of the two napping parties is not napping. And PLEASE, don't anybody let on to Keller that this is about the time when kids might stop napping....Mama NEEDS her naptime! Luckily, he'll spend at least an hour in his room reading or playing on those no nap days, but that also involves about 10 trips out of the room to pee, to bring me a small scrap of paper or random toy from the bedroom, to come out to tell me something but not really have anything to tell me so he just sort of fumbles over his words awhile before he gets personally escorted back to the room...But he's still cute so he gets away with such behavior:) He's only got a few weeks left of preschool to go and then next year he'll be in the 4 year old group 3 mornings per week. He's a good boy:)

Neko is talking up a storm. Cracks us up. Him and Keller are finally able to hold conversations together, well, sort of:) He's much more able to tell us what his needs or wants are, though he's not always willing to do so. He's our screamer for sure and he was from the very beginning! I remember hearing his cry in the hospital thinking, "Wow! That's a lot more attention worthy than Keller's ever was!" and use those lungs he does! Even for what appears to be no reason sometimes. And he's moody like his Mama, especially when tired or hungry...He loves to be outside, especially in the sandbox though he's not always so good at keeping the sand IN the sandbox. We've got all summer to work on that though. I figure he's clearing out the old "dirty" sand so that I can put the new sand in without feeling like I need to sift through all the twig and sticks and stuff myself:)

And baby number 3. Yes, that next little baby is doing well too:) We're at just about 17 weeks and I'm feeling good, still doing Jiu Jitsu and conditioning classes, but "going easy" when it comes to the actual "rolling" (wrestling) part (which is a bummer cause that's the most fun and best exercise part:) but all good! We've gotten so far as looking at some cars online and soon we'll get out there to test drive and try 3 carseat configurations out...Ideally, I'd like all three in the "second" row, at least for now while everyone is kinda little and then to have a third row for carpooling or for growing into. And I'd like to opt out of the minivan choice unless there's a "mini" minivan we encounter (Mazda 5?) We'll have to see. I don't want anything huge and I do care about gas mileage. With two, we've been perfectly fine in my Subaru so I expect we'll be fine for a good while in the next size up. Rav4? Gotta try it...though might need those Radian carseats? Kia Sorento? I'd consider a Highlander (used)...Who the heck knows! As for the house thing, we're good here for now. It would be too much for me right now to think about moving/packing/finding a house/finding a renter for this house/figuring out new car payments AND house payments while knowing that the few hundred bucks I've been making while babysitting won't be in place come fall...So we're hunkering down here in our familiar and cozy home. The new little baby will be fine in our room for awhile and then can move into Neko's old room in the kitchen!! I think he was there for 7 months! Which will bring us to next spring, next tax return, a better time to make a big change...I'm at peace with that:) (today...)

All in all, Life is Good:) I'm loving watching my little boys grow into the people they are becoming. I love to see there smiles, their frustrations, their discoveries, and their relationships developing. There's a lot going on out there in that great big world and as Keller becomes more social with school and friends and bigger cousins, etc. he learns more and more about that world (that maybe I would have preferred to shelter him from). But alas, that is part of growing up. Getting out there, learning new things, and hopefully sharing what you've learned at home so that there can be conversation about it. I'm still figuring it all out myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment