Friday, May 13, 2011

11 Months (Almost)



Old news saved in my drafts from a week ago...Neko Neko Neko. I have him all to myself today while Keller is visiting his Bee Bee (Trav's Mom). Since last night was the first night with Keller in his bed, we had a really early morning, which meant early nap for Neko (like 8:15) and he gave me 2 and a half hours of a quiet house all to myself this morning:) Thank you little boy. And so what did I do with my time? Uploaded pictures to FB. Printed a couple of pictures for my mom and dad. Posted a couple of things on Craigs List and Ebay. Laundry, dishes, and now feeding the little monster:) I got the computer during this feeding time because I was reminded to post because Neko is now consistently signing "more" rather than just whining/crying. He is also saying "Ma" and I think he means it. He was doing the Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma kind of thing for awhile, but over the past few days, I've felt like he's finally talking about me:) For example, this morning, 5am, went into his room to change Keller's sheets. Lights are out and Neko is sitting up in his "new" crib just watching and says, "Ma"---unfortunately, I couldn't respond so as to not encourage continued wakefulness but I smiled to myself thinking that he officially knows who I am:) This morning he's called me/named me plenty:) He's also an expert at the "no" head nod, the throw it off the highchair so mommy picks it up game, and as demonstrated in yesterday's FB post--throw it out of the crib so Keller picks it up game. Trouble.

And new news...What else? Neko is on the go with crawling all around everywhere, content to be exploring on his own. He pulls up and has just begun a little cruising. Yesterday he pushed one of the little chairs across the living room floor while walking with it:) Very cute. He's very curious about what his brother is up to although his brother is not always very glad for this. Keller grabs things from Neko regularly and hides them (including Trav's slipper the other morning which was hidden behind a pillow on a chair because "Neko was trying to get it...") So yes, big brother in full effect over here! "No Neko, you can't have that--it's painted in China" is a favorite line of his...don't know where he might have heard that one! So Neko is a Carb Monster. He LOVES his O's and signs and signs and signs More More More for them. And actually the sign More seems to refer specifically to O's since he can have a tray full of food but no O's...Bananas are a big one, too and of course any fruity baby food. Today he had his first hummus sandwich (in bits) which was a big hit, too. He loves to eat! And his "More" sign sometimes is more like a clap so you hear his chubby little hands going "splat, splat, splat" so yummy!
Neko loves to play in the sandbox and today his big brother dumped a shovel-ful of sand right onto his head. Nice. Luckily none went in his eyes, but sandy hair is kind of annoying. Just got an invitation to my cousin's kids' first birthday party who were born (twins) a week before Neko so I gotta get on that party planning thing. We've talked about it but now I need to jump on it and get it going.
Better post this now...thought I already posted it but alas, seems to have lost my previous changes and pictures...I'll try pictures again...

No comments: