Monday, October 4, 2010

Neko's 3 Months

Neko's bassinet is still in the kitchen! Hmmm, when will it be the right time to officially move him in with Keller (is that the plan???? I don't even know!)

Well, almost four months at this point!! But since I had only just posted his two months update, I allowed myself additional procrastination time!
To begin, we are blessed. We are blessed with two beautiful and healthy boys, busy, happy, chunky and content baby boys. They are my world. At two different places, with two differing personalities, with two sets of needs, with twice the amount of love for each. How did I get so lucky?
I think I say daily when I am looking at Neko, "You are such a sweetie" and he so very totally is in every way. Goes to sleep by around 8:30 now, often falls asleep on his own, sometimes needs the bink, sometimes spits the bink out and babbles and babbles and gurgles and talks and talks to himself or any mommy or daddy face that might pop over his bassinet for a peek. Yes, still in the bassinet! Big grins before bed. Big grins in the morning...7:30 wake-ups or 8:30 or 9? The occasional 10:00 wake-up if he falls asleep after the 7:30 feeding. Then another nap a couple of hours after waking up. Keller and I get some morning time together alone while Neko naps...
Neko LOVES his bink. It takes the edge off when things are not just right. It tells his brain that it's time to sleep. It "pacifies" him in ways that we never saw with Keller. It just does the trick, most of the time. And I worry about it even though I shouldn't. He's still on that big green Soothie one though I did read that it shouldn't be used after 3 months (thanks Becky for bringing that to my attention). I reluctantly bought a different brand but I have yet to open the package. I will. But I think I'm trying to pretend that my son doesn't "need" the bink. I have in my head that binks are "unnatural." However, in reality, if all it takes is a little silicone nipple to suck on for a few minutes here and there to make a little guy so content, then why should I deny him that? The kid loves to suck, as many kids do. And I'll deal with the break-up when and if it becomes "a problem"...stop overthinking it, Lis...it's a freakin' pacifier, there's an aisle full of them because they are a useful invention!!!
And so, happy baby. Happy in the morning when he wakes up. Happy to get his diaper changed. Happy to look at his Daddy, he loooooveeeesssss to look at his Daddy with a big gummy smile and twinkles in his eyes. So sweet:) He loves storytime at the library because we do If You're Happy and You Know It and he loves when I clap clap, stomp, stomp, and hurray his little arms. He goes with the flow, sleeps on the go, in the Bjorn, in the carseat, on our bed, in his bassinet. His oversized Chicco carseat sits in the big basket part of the grocery cart with Keller in the front seat. He stares up at his little caterpillar friend hanging on the carseat handle. He smiles and coos at him. He makes me smile and coo at him smiling and cooing!
He's a scoochie. He pushes himself around on his belly, not to travel, but because he's kicking and, well, scoochie. In the rare event that he's on my bed on his back unattended (which doesn't happen anymore...) he has been known to scootch the length of the bed as he pushes back with his feet. Yup, that was a big surprise to see. It is time to get the exersaucer down from the attic now that he's getting a little more mobile. Even the Bumbo seat is no good because like Keller, he just tenses his whole body and practically falls out of it by "straightening" himself. Oh, little babies and keeping them busy and occupied while also keeping the little toddler busy and occupied!! Next post: The Busy Toddler Turns 2!!!! Coming soon!!




No comments: