Toning sneakers? Really? Do I need these? Might I as well have them if I'm going for walks anyway? Will they save me my $21 per month gym-that-I-don't-use fee? Will they make my legs look hot? Will they help me drop that last 10, yes ten, pregnancy pounds? The advertisements make me think so, which brings me to....
Money!!! I've been calculating my bank statements and dividing up expenses into groceries, gas, and yes...Target gets it's own separate calculation...okay, well, it goes into the "household expenses" category which might include a CVS/prescription type payment. I'm going to play a game with myself starting today and I'm going to avoid going to Target unnecessarily and see if I can save some money this month. There's just always Something that I can develop a need for, or that could make our house more organized, or that was such a deal, or that I should "stock up on"-- And really, I'm not that bad of a shopper in the grand scheme of things especially considering that I return almost half of everything I buy, but still, I think I can spend less. Even with groceries...I'm not a very "organized" shopper so therefore I have to "run in" more frequently to pick up a couple of things which leads to picking up other things while in there, yadda yadda...Wouldn't it be a great idea to "meal plan" and buy what I need all at once??? I've done that a couple of times, well, maybe once...
Should I switch my health insurance to the one that doesn't cover maternity expenses and save us nearly $300 per month? Sounds like a no brainer, but, what if...??? Not likely. Hmmm...
I may have made a new friend in the neighborhood with a little boy. We had our first "date", I mean playdate yesterday. Nice enough gal (and I don't say that about just anyone;) I'll have to "Friend" her...
What else. That's it for now. Oh, yes, one more thought to put in writing. I'm thinking I'm going to grow my hair long enough to then cut it (sorry Trav) to donate it to Locks of Love. Something I've wanted to do for a long time but have not done because of fear of change (short hair on me?) and fear of divorce. I'm ready for change and am fairly confident that the marriage is stable enough to weather two kids AND short hair. It grows back AND gray hairs are still donatable!! Phew!
Okay. No longer about me now. Small boy obstructing my view of keyboard and smaller boy begging to get out of his "hole" ie. exersaucer.
4 comments:
I avoid the grocery store and Target for the same reasons. I always find other things I "need."
I'm glad you and Keller found a friend in the neighborhood. Very cool to have people in the neighborhood to hang with.
Good luck with the hair. My mom is growing hers to donate too.
I've been thinking the same thing about the toning sneakers. Let me know how they work out if you get them. :-)
i'm growing my face-hair to donate to beards of love...for those unfortunate fellows that cannot...they accept gray beard hairs too!
You've motivated me. Mutton chops of love!
Post a Comment