And so this year. Currently, my belly is sticking out about two feet in front of me but yet in Target the other day with Keller, I decided to do a "walk through" of the bathing suit department (yes, Target seems to be the place considering I can't remember the last time I set foot into a mall or an actual stylish and trendy clothing store...) So the walk through--I spot the "tankini" section and notice that there's some that don't appear "tight" in the mid-section. Perfect. I go with black, partially because that's the only color that seemed to have a medium and partially because it "goes" with anything in case I need to be creative with the bottom piece. So I grab a medium then find one of those little skirty bottoms, then find a pair of swim shorts (made of actual bathing suit material rather than the board-short type) and then I find a brown polka-dotty top that matches the bathing suit I bought last year--only had a large in that one but figured what the heck...I'll be in the height of my voluptuousness this summer with the new baby nursing figure;) And so off to the dressing room we went.
Ah, my dear son. In the shopping cart in the family dressing room. Narrating. "Mommy, no pants!" "Mommy, diaper?" (He calls underwear "diaper") "Mommy boobies?" and I am embarrassedly trying on each piece to see if something might work. (Mind you, my belly is sticking out two feet so I'm really just getting an idea...) And so I decide not to make a decision and just buy all of it. Who knows what size I'll actually need when the time comes. And who knows when I'll actually be in a store to buy a bathing suit again. And who knows whether they'll have any sizes aside from XS and XL at that time. And so I'm all stocked up in the bathing suit department. Although who knows when I'll actually put one on in real life this summer what with all that goes on down there post-baby-having...But I WILL be swimming at the Cape in late August...and I look forward to that trip every day, even though I haven't booked a place yet. Maybe I should do that now! If only I could just reserve all the places I'm considering, check them each out in real life and then "return" the ones I don't end up liking, much like my bathing suit theory...Ugh! Me and my decision-making skills!
If I was a savvy and bold blogger, you'd see pictures of me modeling my new bathing suits for you, but, sorry. I'm done on the computer for now!! Happy Mother's Day to all my Mommy Readers!
1 comment:
It is hard to shop for swimsuits anytime but really hard when you don't know what size you'll be. Good for you for stocking up.
Post a Comment