Friday, November 20, 2009

Sick of Sick

Enough already!  So what was it, 2 Fridays ago when I was at my Mom and Dad's and woke up to Keller's croupy cough...That was no fun having a sick baby with a bad cough, runny nose, and on and off fever.  That lasted for almost a week though his cough is still lingering.  Then cam my turn.  Last Thursday I started feeling sick, stuffy, head-coldy, sleeping with my mouth open kind of thing...ugh!  Did that wipe me out.  It hurt my head to blow my nose.  I thought my head might explode.  It hurt to bend over. And I literally had to pour water into my mouth frequently during the night so I could wet it and actually move my tongue/lips...yuck!  And just when I thought I was coming around the corner, bam, I'm back down again so on Sunday I went to the walk-in clinic just to confirm it wasn't a sinus infection or anything that required treatment and he sent me right out saying I had a bad cold.  That's it.  And still, I have a bad cold.  Yesterday I woke up feeling a little better and actually went out with Keller to Trader Joe's to buy some staples.  Came home to a cranky baby, which he has been practicing lately it seems, and finally had to put him down for a nap at 5:10, yes 5:10, that close to his bedtime because I desperately needed a nap.  (nose blow break here) So upon waking Keller up to get him into the tub, I see he has a rash all over his back and belly...ugh!  What's THAT from now?  Is it the milk?  Yogurt?  We had stopped milk and yogurt for a couple of weeks after Keller's poor heiny had been constantly diaper rashed which he never really had problems with.  So who knows if the diaper rash is from milk, or from having been sick and been pooping a lot??  Who knows, but that rash may very well have explained some of his crankiness.  Poor little man.  As for me, I'm now onto a sore throat.  Last night was a headache.  And stuffed up, still...UGH!  I just want to feel regular again!  I am sick of sick being in this house!!!

No comments: