Keller is also big into books and being read to, which I love. I told Travis the other day when Keller handed him a book saying "Nah, nah, nah..."--anytime Keller hands you a book, you're obligated to read it to him, at least for now! Keep that love of books going! So yes, he'll sit cozily on your lap looking at the pictures, and taking my finger to point at different things. He was into the flap books for awhile (Where's Baby's Bellybutton, etc.) but now he's really liking the books with actual photos of animals and other real objects. He'll just listen to the words and point to different things on his own. He can point to the duck, dog, bike, ball, and car on his own now when prompted.
On Thursday, Keller, Bo and I went up to my mom and dad's for a change in scenery and visit while Trav was out of town. Keller stayed up late so he could have a visit with Grandpa and was a happy playful little guy and then went right to sleep when it was time. Well not two hours later I was going in to check on him before I went to sleep and woke him up with the creek of the door. That was the end of sleep for him for awhile. He sounded all congested and was miserable so I held him, rocked him, laid down with him and he cried and slept on me on and off for about 2 and a half hours before being officially zonked out enough for me to stick him in the crib. He slept a good stretch and then around 3 am I heard him coughing that lovely bark like cough. He whined and fell back to sleep. Then about every half hour or so it was the same, cough, whine, sleep. He ended up sleeping until after 8 which is unheard of but considering how much he/we were up in the night it made sense. Finally when I went in to get him, there were these rosy red cheeks and a feverish little boy. 102ish. But by the time he ate and went downstairs he was happily playing and running around. In the meantime, I made an appointment to see the doc later that afternoon---after all, cough and fever are THE symptoms to watch out for these days. Keller stayed home with my mom while I worked for a couple of hours after which we went right to the doc who after hearing him cough said, yup, croup. She immediately recommended a steroid to open up his airways a bit and sent us off with a scrip to continue the steroid and with explicit directions on what to do in the night when croup flairs up the worst. She said "If you make it through tonight without having to call me and go to the ER than you're in the clear, but make sure to check on him regularly to be sure his breathing is okay." Hearing how seriously she took it made me a bit worried, but I knew Trav would be home that night and as a team we could manage just fine. We actually used the baby monitor for the first time so we could hear him, but still needed to go in and check on him. He was just up with some coughs and whines like the night before so we were in the clear! On Saturday his cough was better, not "croupy" and he was playing about happily. And today he's been playing, although is coughing more and far more drippy/sniffly than he has been, which to me is a sign that things are clearing out I guess...It's no fun having a sick baby though:( At the moment, he is out getting some fresh air with Trav and Bo at the doggy park while I relax and clear my brain a little..loooonnnngggg overdue!
On top of all of Keller's feeling bad, I too have been feeling not well, but alas, who has time to be sick when you're the mommy? And so it goes! I'm just glad he's feeling better.
2 comments:
Nice! Half Guard is a Jiu Jitsu term...but you were looking for "High Guard" which is a PT/OT term.
Poor little boy. I hope he is feeling better.
Post a Comment