Monday, June 29, 2009

I Did It!!

No bells, no whistles, just a simple two line email to the Human Resources Director and I have now officially resigned from my teaching position of 9 years.  I know it's been something that I've "known" I was going to do but the finality of it has been really difficult to accept which is why I've been putting it off and putting it off.  The good thing is, it lightens up my mind a little from knowing it is something I'd eventually have to do.  It's done.  I don't have a job to go back to.  Kind of weird, but the right thing for me right now.  Keller agrees;)  As for the thoughts and/or worries about getting a new job when the time comes, I will be dismissing them.  No point in worrying about something in the future.  I'll deal with it when the time comes, be that 6 months, a year, or 6 years from now.  Who knows.  We'll figure it out as we go along!  

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Congrats. No sense worrying about things you can't control in the future. That is what I tell myself.

passaro said...

6 years....but...

Rebecca said...

I agree too! Yay..and besides you have a job already that you love and get paid in hugs, kisses and dirty diapers!