Monday, June 15, 2009

8 Months (a little late...again!)

Okay, so I didn't get to the official onesie-teddy bear shot just yet...maybe tomorrow;)  But what a handsome little boy he is in the above shot (recognize the shirt, Amy?)  Let's see, 8 months and rockin' and rollin'!  Keller is officially a proficient crawler.  I just love the sound of his two little chubby hands smack-smacking across the floor as he goes from point A to point B, and his little heiny following behind!  A crawling baby is just the cutest...but alas, along with cuteness comes Trouble!!  Keller mostly likes to crawl over to BoBo's gross slimy hairy toys, or his food/water bowls...yuck!  Like BoBo, he's a big fan of the bathroom trash can, but unlike BoBo he has yet to get his head stuck in it!  Keller will pull up to standing just about anywhere, even if it's not conducive to doing so.  He gets rather upset when a "stand up item" like a Fisher Price Farm at Auntie Jill's house falls over thus causing him to fall.  "Stupid Farm" his face clearly exclaims!  
This is Keller's newest expression...we call it Lips.  He tends to do this when he is frustrated or annoyed.  It's funny because it's a pout-face that he uses at appropriately pouty times.  Of course we laugh at the poor kid when he's trying to communicate his frustration to us...so cute!
Last weekend (not this just past weekend but the one before;) we visited Grandpa and Keller got to take his very first steering wheel.  How cool was that.  I guess Grandpa has the grandkids start with the tractor before they are allowed to get behind the wheel of the Corvette.
Oh, happy baby after eating his squash.  I'm really enjoying this stage of babyhood:)  He's so interactive and silly and fun!  He gets so fired up and expressive, especially when he's got a captive audience giving it right back to him.  Also to note in the eating department, he's diggin' his Cheerios now, too.  Over the course of the past week and a half or so his pincer grasp has gotten better already, although he'll still cheat and let the O stick to his wet finger sometimes, but there are increasingly fewer and fewer O bits in his chair, on his belly, or stuck in the cracks of his chunky thighs!!  (okay that never happened, but it probably could!!)  
And since this is the official documentation of where we're at at 8 months, I must also add that My Little Angel has been showing a bit of a tantrum potential particularly when it comes to changing his diaper or if something is taken from him.  And again, he's clearly expressing himself, his "but I wasn't done playing with that" or "I don't care if I have a poop in my pants" and I'm smiling away at how cute his opposition is...I know it won't stay cute for very long, but I'll enjoy it for as long as I can!  We'll have to see what 9 months brings!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I do remember that shirt and it brings back so many fond memories of Nolan at that age! What fun!

Rebecca said...

He has gotten *so* big..amazing..and what a cutie pie!

Vicky said...

He is adorable as usual. Love that smile.