So yesterday after "work" Jill sent me off with her camera so Keller and I could stop by a place where there were thousands and thousands of daffodils that had been planted way back when...So Keller and I drove through the beautiful countryside of the Litchfield Hills and came upon our destination. While many of the daffodils were just past there prime, there were just as many in full bloom. What a beautiful rocky hillside blanketed with daffodils! So glad we stopped!
Amidst the hot spell this week, we had success in putting Keller to bed swaddle-free, with success!! He had been escaping more and more with either hands out or legs out or both so I had begun putting it on a little looser anyhow. It's been since Sunday night, although last night he was up for some reason...I probably made it worse by going in and checking on him (partly because he had an illegal blanket around him and partly because, well, because...) Also, now that he is a swaddle-free sleeper, he ROLLS OVER onto his belly! Holy Cow! Only took the kid close to 7 months--I wonder how much of an impact the swaddle had on his rolling? Though I know that some swaddled babies roll sooner anyway...well whatever the reason, I'm proud of my little boy:) He even napped on his belly yesterday! Also in terms of napping, he's getting so much better at it. I've been putting him in a crib (his, Cali's, or Chase's) and he'll crank a bit and fall fast asleep (generally holding onto his toes;) The standard is now closer to 40 minutes and a couple days back he slept for 2 hours!! Unheard of!!...poor Chase was waiting so patiently because I told him we'd go outside when Keller woke up expecting a 30 minute power nap...
At the moment, Keller is asleep in his crib (I have the day off;)...45 minutes sleeping already...Bo is enjoying the new back deck Trav built for him...birds are chirping and I sit at the kitchen table with my cup of tea, catching up on my blog! Life is good! (and as soon as Keller is up and fed we have a million and one errands to run!)
4 comments:
There are lots of daffodils!
Oooh, you lucky girl....I have always thought that babies sleep better on their belies and glad to hear it's working in your favor. Now, if you can get Keller to call Nina and tell her to get on board... ;)
I know this place. It's awesome! I'm impressed with your self-timer shot. After spending all day with 3 babies, being with 1 must feel like a breeze. :-)
I love babies in daffodils. Nice shots. I'm so mad at myself for missing the daffodils prime this year. Too busy with visitors.
Post a Comment