So I just did a quick check through on everyone's blogs which I've been so bad about lately...just been really busy especially since I'm back at school. Today is the first day since school started that I was able to stick around after the kids left and actually "get stuff done." It was good, but there's still a lot more to do to both just get myself organized for the next few weeks of teaching AND to get things all set up and in place for my eventual sub (ugh! what a pain!!--but will be well worth the trouble!) My class is actually a very nice class so I feel a little bad about ditching them in a few weeks...but alas, my family will have to come first and foremost. Those kids at school will do just fine with their substitute...
Tonight Trav and I put together the crib that we (he) picked up last weekend...hopefully on Saturday he'll be able to pick up the rest of the furniture. I was doing so good at collecting coupons for Baby Depot/ Burlington and had two 10% off coupons and one 20% off coupon which we were planning to use for the three pieces of furniture we are buying, but go freakin' figure, I lost the 20% coupon...grrrr...that was like 80 bucks of savings...nowhere to be found. I bet Bo ate it...(scapegoat, poor doggy:)
This evening is hot and gross...I'm sweating as I sit here, but the a/c is on in the bedroom and I'll take a quick shower to cool off before attempting to sleep. While I have been SO LUCKY throughout this pregnancy with feeling good and all, things are starting to feel more pregnant to me. Last week I called my Dr. from school because it was really bothering me to walk...I was told to go home, drink water, and put feet up, but since there was only an hour left (and my kids were at specials for most of that time) I stayed put and put my feet up...I rested when I got home and took it easy over the labor day weekend (cause it still kinda hurt, or rather was uncomfortable...I have to gain perspective on this whole PAIN issue!!) My Dr. appointment was Tuesday and all is still just fine...baby is measuring right on target and the cervix is completely closed...good:) (is that too much info?) The most uncomfortable "symptom" I have right now is this crazy arm tingling thing that happens now, every night. At first I was just waking up in the morning with tingling hands, then wrists, which I had read was probably carpal tunnel...common in pregnancy I guess. But now, this "sensation" goes up my arms and into my shoulders and really has been keeping me up at night...While I'm supposed to be sleeping on my side, this puts pressure on my arms/shoulders and wakes me as that arm becomes prickly and painful, I switch sides and I'm up with the other arm being in pain...ugh! My OBGYN said to go to the regular dr. to see what was going on since it could be a nerve issue or something...so tomorrow right after school I have an appointment (good thing I stayed today...)
Trav and I have been going to the hospital's birth class on Wednesday evenings. The teacher confided to me after class when I was really trying to get an idea of how clean the hospital tubs are, how possible it would be to be "drug-less" in the hospital, and how to avoid getting an IV in me as soon as I arrive, and she, who is a nurse applauded me for wanting to go au natural and shared that she actually homebirthed both of her kids, yet here she was working in a hospital...I hope she's on when I'm there...and takes the time to check in on us/ support us. We'll see what happens! Next week is our last class. I am going to try really hard to connect with a couple of the gals in the class who are local and maybe make a new friend/acquaintance...wish me luck! I went to a breastfeeding class yesterday, too...(though I know I have plenty of personal lactation consultants right within my own circle...you'll be hearing from me!) I'm getting there...little by little!
I still grin and smile and feel at peace every time this little baby inside of me moves...It's absolutely AMAZING to me! So amidst my "occasional" crankiness, anxiousness, tiredness, all it takes is that little movement (or big poke!) for me to be reminded how lucky and blessed we are to have made it this far into our pregnancy and to be so close now to being a family!
4 comments:
I have a 10% off coupon to baby Depot you can have...I obsess about saving coupons even to stores that are nowhere close to me. Every little bit helps....except it expired 8/31, will they acre? Either way you can give it a shot...
Can't wait to see you this weekend and glad to hear you're still feeling (relatively) well....home stretch!!!!! :)
From what I hear, Baby Depot is rather nit-picky about everything so we'll have to see...Thanks:)
From what I hear, Baby Depot is rather nit-picky about everything so we'll have to see...Thanks:)
I hope your tingles just end up being pregnancy related and nothing more. And of course, you can always ask any questions! As far as the IV goes, I think I mentioned that for me they inserted it so that it could be there in case it was needed, but I was never actually hooked up until after birth for a little bit of pitocin.
Post a Comment