Monday, September 15, 2008

A Couple of Pics, Finally...

Okay, officially a month ago was Abby's wedding and here are a couple of pictures from that beautiful day:) Yea, better late than never! And yes, I continue to suck at updating the belly shot, but most of you saw it fairly recently so there you have it! It continues to grow!
So we're at less than 4 weeks to go on this pregnancy thing and it is getting more exciting to feel so close! As of about 2 weeks ago, I was feeling funny stuff going on "down low" and called the Dr. only to be told that this is how it feels to be pregnant (be lucky there's only one in there...or something like that was added...) I wasn't complaining, I was just needing to be reassured that what I was feeling was normal. I now completely understand why pregnant women waddle...cause it all just feels funny.
I'm getting really good at teaching from my chair on wheels in the front of the classroom, getting out of breath easily (at open house I had to stop and catch my breath in the midst of my part of the whole third grade presentation...thankfully one of the other gals picked up the rest, but I know my students' families were thinking, great, my kid gets the pregnant one...hey, I'm a damn good teacher, pregnant or not!) My principal no longer looks me in the eye or says hello...she just stares at my belly as I walk by...Last Thursday I went in to school after a night of horrible sleeping (or not sleeping) and a sore throat and by the end of the day knew I needed to take Friday off so I wrote up my sub plans and stopped in the office to let her know I would be out on Friday and she said fine but then asked if I thought I would make it teaching up until the end...I had said I would work up to as close to my due date as I can...which I still would like to do, provided the Dr. says fine and I have the energy to...every day is a pay-check to me...
So Trav insisted I stay home this weekend and just relax, which I really needed to do, though I did miss my nephew Chase's birthday party...I would have been no fun anyway with a sore throat, post-nasal drip, and general crankiness...I did some organizing around here, finished writing thank you's and making a list of the "still-needs" for the baby...I also ordered our organic mattress from amazon and began adding additional items to our amazon registry (that we would buy anyway) because I figure we might as well have $750 of items purchased off of our amazon registry to earn $250 worth of Seventh Generation Diapers (amazon promotion)...might as well...the bedding and mattress alone cost over $500...so I've been trying to figure out what else we'll really need and stock up on...how much diaper cream does a baby need? is baby powder a necessity? please advise...
Got a call from the Dr. office today telling me that I need to be on an antibiotic for an infection...how frustrating! The culture was taken 2 weeks ago, which means that for two weeks the infection has been growing and whatnot...maybe that's why I've been feeling like crap? I have a regular check-in appointment tomorrow so I'll get the low-down. Two weeks seems like a long time to get test results back...
Knock knock, my tingling arms have been a little better, not keeping me up as much, although they still tingle...my back seems to be less inflamed which was likely leading to the intense tingles/pinched nerve kind of thing. I guess that Friday off and relaxing weekend was what I needed. I think I can officially attribute my upper back spasms/discomfort/tightness to stress. There's a lot going on in my life right now, I have to cut myself some slack and make sure I rest and relax. Even though I want everything perfect for when the baby comes, as Travis continues to remind me, the baby doesn't care, he/she is only going to want to eat, sleep, poop, and be loved. So for those basics, we're covered!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Nice photos. You look great.

Rebecca said...

You're on the last baby.

Love the pics..especially the one with all the Sperrazzas in it.