Monday, August 11, 2008

Broken Computer

I am a bad girl. I have finally broken my school issued computer so now I can't even "clean it out" as I had planned to this summer...Well I can, that just means I'll have to go to school and fess up and see if it can be fixed in the next day or so...I'll make myself do that tomorrow, first thing...should have done it today, but I haven't procrastinated about anything in awhile so I guess I was overdue...besides, there's the potential for bad storms and I'm now a scaredy cat when "strong thunderstorms and hail" are in the forecast. Travis set up my own account on his computer for me and lovingly named it "Don't Drop Me," because that is how my computer finally broke...(the power cord got bent and then broke inside...easily remedied I'm sure, right??)
Please note the blue bar on the top of the page only has ONE baby left on it after this one...I think we're in good shape...The room is cleaned out, the super-low VOC paint has been purchased, the furniture is decided upon AND stocked so we don't have to wait to get it which is nice...we're just going to wait until the room is painted before we buy it/pick it up. What needs to be done is that the bedroom door needs to be fixed so that it actually closes and the attic pull-down door needs to be repaired to close all the way or else replaced...both Trav's jobs...
I went to the library today and picked up a few "natural childbirth" books to start getting my head in gear...yup, some rather graphic pictures don't really help with that though:)
Abby's wedding is Saturday...yay! Did I mention already that Jill found bridesmaid dresses for she and I on ebay...$25 for Ann Taylor Loft Maternity dresses...nice job! I just finished packaging up little bars of soap for her favors...she grew her own flowers and is getting married in the woods somewhere at some waterfall in the Avon area...she is requiring that all pregnant people be escorted by their husbands over the moss covered rocks on the trail down to the falls:) Her reception is at Wickham Park in Manchester...Cross your fingers for a beautiful day or at least no rain (or hail).
Speaking of rain, now that it's let up, I better go get my laundry and walk the doggy before it starts up again!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great steal on the dresses! Abby's wedding sounds like it is going to be beautiful. I shall pray for nice weather.

And.. *shocked* you got furniture?!

erika said...

Not sure what books you got at the library, but I really found "Birthing From Within" very helpful. It made the whole experience less scary- and it was also helpful talking to moms that went through the process drug free. I am sure that you already have a bunch of ladies to go to, but if you want to ask me anything feel free.