Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School

Today was the official first day back to work/school for the staff and the kids start on Monday...it's a good thing because when I work I get paid and it seems that right now, part of my "nesting" process involves money...I'm so afraid to spend any money...I just want to save it all up so I have it when I'm not getting a paycheck...It's also good to be back at school because I feel more productive...though we'll see how productive I actually am after a full day of work. I was in need of some serious toothpicks to keep my eyelids open by 1:30 this afternoon during our training. Too much cognitive stimulation.

This evening was our first birthing class at the hospital. Didn't really know what to expect but it seems like it will be a good fit. The teacher is an advocate of natural birth and empowering women to understand the complete process of labor and of the body's natural potential...understanding may lead to less fear which can lead to decreased perception of pain...yadda yadda...BUT, at the same time, she acknowledges the need for medical intervention when necessary and of each woman recognizing her own needs in her own personal birth experience...we shall see how it goes...as I said to Travis in the lobby, "Maybe I can make a few mommy friends;" Why is it so hard for me to CONNECT with people...??

And a interesting tidbit for you readers...yesterday, Travis and I weighed the exact same weight, to the tenth of a pound! I actually thought that would have happened weeks ago when he was training for that Jiu Jitsu tournament, but it didn't (good for me:) We took pictures to prove it, but remember, I'm lazy about the whole camera thing...

Maybe this weekend I'll do the camera thing and post pictures from Abby's wedding and all...so nice and so perfectly reflective of her and her now husband...Yay for weddings and babies!

Sure should have been typing up class lists and whatnot rather than writing this entry...naaaahhhh!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Was this post narrated? You know..italics and all.. How's the car?

Lisa said...

post was not narrated...don't know why it's italics, just how it turned out and again, lazy lisa doesn't care to get into the nitty gritty or figuring out insignificancies such as this...;)

erika said...

Glad your birthing teacher is so for a drug free birth. When you have people like that talking to you, it makes the whole experience less scary (or I felt that way at least). Just go in with an open mind and take it contraction by contraction. If you can handle them, hold off on drugs until you can't handle the pain.
You can do it. It is going to be the most pain you have ever experienced...but the pain ends. Then you have this beautiful baby in the end and no lasting side effects. Just a painful hoo ha for a couple of weeks.